History Online Public Award

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

History Online Public Award

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

The online voting for the History Online Public Award (in Dutch, Geschiedenis Online Prijs) is now officially open!

Those who use or hear the term "war victims" when referring to World War II practically always focus attention on the fallen or those who essentially went punished for "doing the good deed." All too often are we remiss in acknowledging the fact that those on the side of the "enemy" also suffered casualties -- i.e., lost people who fought for their country; persevered to aid their fellow comrades; and also had loved ones, children, parents, friends who were forced to cope with their loss.

A historic site where German soldiers who fell or went missing during the second world are remembered, unfortunately can’t count on enough votes.

I would like it to change and although I know that a jury will never declare a winner of such a site, and there are many more beautiful (mostly sponsored) historical sites, I need voters for the Online Public Award. Thanks for all the help fellow researchers.