1st Post need high-level help with Units

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Blackbird939

1st Post need high-level help with Units

Post by Blackbird939 »

Hello FeldGrau. I am new to the forum, but not to this area of study/hobby etc. I have been collecting for 15 years or so. I finally scratched up enough dough to buy a life's dream, a 95% original 1940 Zundapp Ks600 with a real B1 boat and a Bw38 sidecar frame. I have spent years putting it together and it's now painted. The paint was matched from an unsed part with no fading, so it's correct down to original bolt heads, etc. I have purchased dozens of original photos of this model in many configurations. As part of my research, I purchased several of the WWII German motorcycle 'picture books' available to hobbyists and a german language book on the Kradshutzen.I can read a little german, but not much. What I would like is the body of experts on this forum to point me to a unit where the motorcycle infantry were in use in France/Belgium. I know that the motorcyce was an integral part of the whole war machine, with transport, support, messaging etc. At one point, early in the war I believe, kradshutzen were used in combat. I'd like to find the correct unit logo and vehicle markings for a 1940/41 infantry configuration. I have 'one' picture of a WH bike from the 198 Inf Div, but I want to research others. Where they ever attached to Panzer units? Anyways, ultimately, I need the unit logos/markings for a full krad infantry setup circa France May/June '40. Attached is a picture of it today, nearly 100% complete
Attachments
ks600.jpg
ks600.jpg (37.32 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Ks600_mk.jpg
Ks600_mk.jpg (224.99 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Blackbird939

Re: 1st Post need high-level help with Units

Post by Blackbird939 »

here is what I believe is the 198 ID marked on a solo K800.. obviously not setup for combat.
Attachments
K800.gif
K800.gif (384.71 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
sniper1shot

Re: 1st Post need high-level help with Units

Post by sniper1shot »

Looks like an excellent job there!!!
I just finished a bio on a soldier who started his war on motor bikes but it is in Ontario. I won't be there until Sunday but I will get you the info once there.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.