Rommel and the logistics in North Africa

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
lwd
Enthusiast

Re: Rommel and the logistics in North Africa

Post by lwd »

mellenthin wrote:If you admire Rommel then I am worried what his real enemies must think. :shock:
What a strange thing to say on several levels. For one why would you execect someone who has been dead for well over 60 years to have "real enemies". On another level if you admire someone you should seek to understand them and that means their flaws and quirks as well as their strong points. Rommel like the rest of us humans wasn't perfect ... I know that's shocking news to you in spite of the historical reality of it.
Anyway, I simply have an agressive mindset which is a healthy attribute for individuals with a practical interest in the military subject.
As to the latter not really. Especially when combined with the inability to follow rules and/or contruct a logical argument. What you are doing over on the axis history forum is the eqivalant of breaking and entering and/or theft.
The labels are essentially compliments. 8)
Only to a vary warped mind.
mellenthin
Supporter

Post by mellenthin »

Judging by the number of threads being launched regularly about Rommel on internetforums one would sometimes get the impression Rommel has enemies. Not that they matter much but that does not mean I will let them alone. It has always been clear to me that Rommel was a human being. My admiration for him has never been expressed in the glowing terms used by those that worked for him.
Accusing me of alledgedly not being capable of constructing a logical argument is only a sign of the arrogance of the author of the statement.
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Nothing productive has happened on this thread since Tom Houlihan's request for civility; therefore it is being closed.
John W. Howard