What do you collect?

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
azadhind

Post by azadhind »

well i mostly have vietnam war era american stuff like helmet, alice pack, boonie hat, angel head flash light and webbing. i also haa ww2 dougboy helmet and a turtle back mk2 vickers helmet again both were used by brits and the indian army in ww2. i also have ww2 era webbing ie grip belt, 2 ammo pouches. the india army still uses this webbing. these are now being replaced.
Spankeem

Post by Spankeem »

I collect German WWII stuff - thus far many photos, a couple of Wehrpasses and Soldbuch, I have a Polish womans ID (interesting), an E-boat badge, edelweiss, deathshead, gestapo police insignia, documents, etc.

I have some documents as well which I am uncertain as to what they are - or even if they are of military importance. If anyone is interested I would be happy to scan them and send them along.

My favourite has to be the tan bevo deathshead I have.
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

One of my hobbies is collecting German ceramic beer glasses, or "humpel," both new and old. One of my favorites dates back nearly two-hundred years, and was apparently hand-engraved by a true master. I know I sound like the average American tourist when I say this, but, of all of Germany's countless contributions to this world, I hold German beer up not as a mere alcoholic beverage, but as a work of art. 8)
Soldat1942

Post by Soldat1942 »

To be honest, I will collect anything. Especially anything to do with Germany. If books are considered to be a collector's item, then I collect many WWII books. :D
S o l d a t . 1 9 4 2
knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

Books:

My most rare Book is a "Nibelungenlied" in Hardcover, printed 1841.

Antique Books, printed between 1880 - 1915, Kaiserreich, Deutsche Kolonien, Deutsch-Südwest and Deutsch-Ostafrika.

Books about WWI, the very rare ones, Books about 1933-1945, especially Jungdeutscher Orden, FAD, RAD, Hitlerjugend, BDM, Schutzstaffel.

Photos:

FAD, RAD, BDM, HJ (3000...?)

Plakate:

WWI + WWII Propaganda (150...?)

Movie Posters: 1950s/1960s

German/French (More than 5000...?)
(Including "Die Brücke" in several Editions) NOT FOR SALE! *g*

Hmmm...???

Michael

P.S. And about 20 very rare Books conc. the Holocaust, printed in the 1950s/1960s.
Vanadh

Post by Vanadh »

Greetings to all!

I've been around in Feldgrau for some time and i have to congratulate the entire community of Feldgrau on the ammount of knowledge youve gathered here.

What i collect is mostly GDR stuff:
Hats, badges, medals, uniforms, equipment,
I also collect books to some extent, mostly about WW1 and im really interested in GDR propaganda material and literatur.

So far

Greetings again
Prussian Blau

Post by Prussian Blau »

I collect pretty much any item related to the Third Reich, but I am now branching off into 1933-39 propagander and stamps/money.
pak40

what I got (have)

Post by pak40 »

Hi,
I collect military model kits, mostly German- 150 figure kits and 75 armor kits. I will work on them soon.
Also, I collect books on German Military subjects: Modelling, Units, Armor, Personalities,et al., I have around 125 books on all of these things.

I also collect some Anime and Japanese Modelling magazines.

Chris :D
If at first you don't succeed, forget it.-Murphy
infanterielandser

Post by infanterielandser »

I have a real passion about collecting WWII autobiographies/memoirs. However I also collect weapons. I have a decent sized bayonet collection, some rifles (Mauser Karabiner 98k, Lee Enfield No4Mk1, M1 Garand, Moison Nagant, SKS, MAK-90, M1A (civilian M14), and 3 Japanese Arisakas). I also have a Walther P38 and Soviet Nagant revolver.

I dabble in other militaria from other wars as well :)
stabsfeldwebel

Post by stabsfeldwebel »

As a wargamer, I have a good sized collection of miniatures in several scales (1/72, 1/285 & 25mm) & eras. (WW2,Vietnam,WW2,Medieval/Fantasy & WW2) Any guesses as to which is my favorite?
Surrender? Hell Ive got them right where I want them-surrounded from the inside!
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

I try to collect German medals (sometimes very expensive...), WW2 form, denazified and 1957 versions. The last one come in a wide variety of qualities.

Also, I'm always looking for GOOD books. I think quality pays of. And if a book is signed, great! I bought Vincx en Schotanius 'Nederlandse vrijwilligers' part 4 just about two months ago. Bit expensive (my wife got mad!), but one of the greatest books on the topic considering collaboration and Dutchmen in the Waffen SS. And I've got the whole serie.

Only one problem: the money... I'm always short on money :oops: .
Spandau
Contributor

Post by Spandau »

Avete,

I collect what is cheap and strikes my fancy, though most of my money is sucked dry by the college vampire. Nevertheless, I still somehow manage to grab something off the market now and again.

I have a decent collection of Helmets, 1 reproduction and 5 authentic (2 German, 1 British, 1 American, 1 Russian).
I have a bunch of repro medals and one authentic IC 2nd class.
I have three Karbine 98Ks, (used on the ostfront) one .303 British Enfield, and one 1891 Nagant as well as 3 rifles of lesser importance.
I then have a random assortment of gear including bayonets, ammo pouches, belts, and the like.

Valete,

-Spandau
If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Taylor Collector wrote:Hey Stabs, I bet your favorite is either WWII or fantay?

I also collect models and wargaming figures. Just think of how stuffed my war room is, combination gaming table/ storage/ mannequin display /cases / library.

Also, I am lucky. One of the worlds Largest Military Antiquites stores is quite literally down the street from me, and, as I have been going in there for years, I get good deals on his already low prices.

TS Allen
So you are now 13 as you claim and go to "One of the worlds Largest Military Antiquites stores" already for years?? Is it within scrabbling distance or did you have to take your tricycle?
Spandau
Contributor

Post by Spandau »

Ave Taylor,

I have to ask; How the devil can you afford this? I've been working since I could walk and I still can't afford anything! College sucks all money away and then some. At 13 I would look at pictures of medals the same way I would look at pictures of battleships, as something unattainable.

Vale,

-Spandau
If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Spandau wrote:Ave Taylor,

I have to ask; How the devil can you afford this? I've been working since I could walk and I still can't afford anything! College sucks all money away and then some. At 13 I would look at pictures of medals the same way I would look at pictures of battleships, as something unattainable.

Vale,

-Spandau
You really buy the story of a 13 year old talking with vets at reenactments, visiting militaria shops for years already, having a militaria collection, having already done several long marches with full gear etc.. ?? His story is as true as I am a 400 year old dwarf living in a cave.

\Christoph