Message forum of the Feldgrau.com research community
stab131 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:38 amOne version:
Ten Commandments of the German Soldier
1. You are the chosen ones of the German Army. You will seek combat and train yourselves to endure any manner of test. To you the battle shall be fulfillment.
2. Cultivate true comradeship, for by the aid of your comrades you will conquer or die.
3. Beware of talking. Be not corruptible. Men act while women chatter. Chatter may bring you to the grave.
4. Be calm and prudent, strong and resolute. Valor and enthusiasm of an offensive spirit will cause you to prevail in the attack.
5. The most precious thing in the presence of the foe is ammunition. He who shoots uselessly, merely to comfort himself, is a man of straw who merits not the title of Soldier.
6. Never surrender. To you death or victory must be a point of honor.
7. You can triumph only if your weapons are good. See to it that you submit yourself to this law--first my weapon and then myself.
8. You must grasp the full purpose of every enterprise, so that if your leader be killed you can fulfill it.
9. Against an open foe fight with chivalry, but to a guerrilla extend no quarter.
10. Keep your eyes wide open. Tune yourself to the topmost pitch. Be nimble as a greyhound, as tough as leather, as hard as Krupp steel, and so you shall be the German warrior incarnate.