Feldgrau will have a new owner soon

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Feldgrau will have a new owner soon

Post by Jason Pipes »

Just a quick message to let everyone know that Feldgrau will have a new admin and owner soon. He will be taking over both feldgrau.com and feldgrau.net. I will remain available for questions and might even resume posting on the forum myself a bit, but the sites for all intents and purposes will be his going forward. He has expressed his intent to clean up the site, possibly relaunch the forum, reopen the forum to new users, and get multiple site sections back up and running like the list of 3000 officer bios that was once available.

Once all the paperwork has been completed and the deal is done I will make a formal announcement here, as will the new site owner.

Any questions please let me know!
Leo Niehorster
Author

Re: Feldgrau will have a new owner soon

Post by Leo Niehorster »

Sorry to hear that, Jason.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I'm sorry Jason has to let it go, but I'm glad it's not going to be gone!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I'm sorry too guys. It was a decision that I thought long and hard about. I just can't do the site the justice it deserves. The site needs a revamp, and it needs a spark to get some new material posted and the forum needs a refresh, etc. There are many things that need to be done and I have shown for some time that I'm not in a position in my daily life and current research focus to be the person that does so. New blood is what is needed.

The good news is the site isn't going away. The site will remain online and the focus will remain on military history research. I will also ironically be more active on the forums as well, since I don't have to worry about running (or not running as it were) the sites I can purely focus on just posting or responding to things on the forum. The day to day upkeep and efforts will be in someone else's hands. I will also be available to assist the new owner if things arise that I can help with. I may even stay on as a forum admin... So I won't disappear, I'm just stepping back and letting someone else take over the drivers seat.

I haven't done the site or it's users justice in many years and it's time for some fresh faces to help turn things around. Thanks for all your support up to this point. It's my sincere hope that you will encourage and embrace the new owner as much as you have me up to this point. I'm confident this is the right things to do and that the site will immediately benefit as a result. In turn so will all of you. I'm actually pretty excited about everything, and I hope you will be too.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Jason.

Thanks for Feldgrau!

Best wishes for the future,

David.
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Many thanks for everything Jason
Best wishes for further and welcome to the new owner
Kindly regards from belgium
Prosper.
P.S. Sorry for my poor english
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

Jason,

Your website has always been a great source of information and knowledge. Sorry to see you go. Good luck.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Jason,

My sincere thanks for your great achievement in creating and maintaining this wonderfully informative and entertaining world called Feldgrau! I fully understand the amount of work you have put in over all these years to keep Feldgrau up and running and although I haven't been that actice for the last five years I still check in regularly to scan new postings.

I wish you the best of luck with your new projects and with life in general,

Yours sincerely,

Christian (Doktor Krollspell)
Leo Niehorster
Author

Post by Leo Niehorster »

What's the latest?
Information not passed on is lost.
URL: World War II Armed Forces
jordanr

Post by jordanr »

Sorry everyone for the server outage. We overran resources. I have transferred to a new server.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Effective today, September 18, 2015, I hereby resign my position as a moderator at Feldgrau. I no longer wish to be associated with a site where the site owner, Jason Pipes, no longer takes an active part in the administration of the site.

John P. Moore
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Sad news, dear friends...

Any news what will be the future of FG& the forum?

Jan-Hendrik
jpollar
Admin

Post by jpollar »

It's been a good decade or more since anyone has given this entity the attention it deserves. That's about to change.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Jim - Glad to hear that you have taken ownership of Feldgrau. I wish you every success. I recommend that you contact all current moderators, some of whom are no longer living, and determine their continued interest. If the interest is no longer there, they ought to be removed and replaced. It not encouraging to members who visit one of the forums and find that the listed moderator has not logged on to the site in over a year! I will continue as Mod for the two sites that I am responsible for, but no more.

John
panzer1432

Post by panzer1432 »

Sorry to hear Jason,

Best to you,

Mike