Welcome to the new forum!! Comments please!

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
Hans
Associate

Re: Welcome to the new forum!! Comments please!

Post by Hans »

First visit to new forum and my reaction was "What the .... , he ruined a perfectly good set up."

Second visit to new forum and my reaction was "This is pretty good and easy to follow."

Third visit - cant remember the "perfectly good set up."

Great job, Jason.

- Hans
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Thanks Hans! We appreciate your comments and are pleased you are finding the new version to your liking. As soon as I can get the header working it will look very familiar to users of the old forum!!
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hello

Would there be any plans to create a forum for war crimes committed against the Wehrmacht? I know the possible implications of setting up such forums (especially when it turns into mud slinging) but it would add another dimension to discussion about Feldgrau

Thanks
Panzermahn
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

Hi Panzermahn,

I don't know what Jason thinks but it's an area, sadly, I'd stay well clear of. War crimes are a subject which just seem to polarise people and end up in slagging matches. I contributed a little to the Bromberger Blutsonntag discussion on AHF but pulled out because it was hijacked by those pushing nationalist agendas. The same, alas, would happen here. You only have to go back to the Peiper fiasco from last year. It led to some good Feldgrauers dropping out; I almost did, but Jason did an excellent job in taking things in hand, so I stayed - and things have improved 100-fold since then.

I fear that a war crimes section would simply mean it's open season for nutters.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Panzermahn, the area of "war crimes" is VERY strictly controlled on Feldgrau, as you can see from reading the rules. The "newly" created specific War Crimes Section doesn't cover war crimes against the Wehrmacht/Axis forces - and won't. The Section is being kept under strict control because past history has shown members can't keep themselves under control on the subject. The forum had a more lax policy in the past - and suffered for the mistake.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hi Richard and Phylo

I do understand the situation that arises when there are posters who join in with their own agendas. How about setting up the mentioned forum but limit it to posters who posted regularly in Feldgrau, like having more than 300 posts would allow you to give comments and more than 400 posts to posts new topics. ANd the moderators has rights to pull the posters priviliege of posting and making new topics in that forum.

It's because I had some original materials on Allied war crimes (some which I purchased it myself) which I wanted to share with Feldgrauans here but am currently restricted due to Jason's policies (which is understandable)..

My only intention is to facilitate discussions on Allied war crimes, not promoting any agendas. The past can never go away, but what we all can do is to acknowledge them to ensure that the correct window to the future would be opened

Regards
Panzermahn
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

How about setting up the mentioned forum but limit it to posters who posted regularly in Feldgrau, like having more than 300 posts would allow you to give comments and more than 400 posts to posts new topics. ANd the moderators has rights to pull the posters priviliege of posting and making new topics in that forum.
...because even existing members can't read the rules and PM mods before posting in the Section! :shock: :roll:
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds