Welcome to the forum, tell us about yourself!

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
John W. Howard

Re: Welcome to the forum, tell us about yourself!

Post by John W. Howard »

Welcome aboard Missa!! What are you studying at Vanderbilt? A good friend of mine just moved to Nashville from LA; he is more than a little thrilled to be out of LA :wink: Take care and best wishes.
John W. Howard
Missa

Post by Missa »

Hi John W. Howard,

I am taking psychology. I want to work with children when I get out of school. :)

Missa
moanalot

Post by moanalot »

Hello Everyone,
Just like to say hello and introduce myself to you. My name is Paul, I live in the North West of England, (near Manchester)"Near Manchester" ,not in Manchester..I am currently in two groups both reenacting German. In one group we reenact and put on a displays as aircrew of Kampfgeshwader 55. Which we have been ask to expand by organisers etc. However we cannot afford an He 111 or a Ju 88c-6, we have other ideas though.This group is the Northern 40's.Lots of history of the KG 55.We could dress the women as flak crew.
In the other group I am a member of a unit that portrays the Luftwaffen Felddivisionen. Well we thought that the better known divisions and regiments were well covered in the reenactment world ,so we went for something that is little known about. We do the :- 17.Luftwaffen Felddivision, 34.Jager Regiment, II.Battallion, 5.Kompanie.We are at the time when the army is taking over command of the LwF.D's. So there is a mixture,mixed match,mish mash of uniforms,as there was during the transitional period and beyond. So we are also know as,17. Felddivision Luftwaffen, 34.(J)Rgt (L). IIBtl, 5(J)kp.That is for the new in takes.
There is not a lot of history about the unit we portray.however we have very good friends in Germany that have been a tremendous help to us. As a matter of fact they stayed with us at Beltring and we went over to Belgium to an event,fantastic. I am enjoying researching as much as I can of the 17.LwF.D. Even though at times it can be a bit of a b--l acher.
Sorry to bore you. If anyone has any information about these units that may seem useful please pass it on.
I do have a passing interest about Schwerepanzer Abteiung 502 (later 511).The 2nd abteilung to obtain the Tiger 1, even before the SS or GD Div,The 502 was lead by Army panzer ace Otto Carius.
Regards Paul.
Why moanalot? That is what my Mum used to called my late Dad. I could not think of anything else. By the way I am married,have 6 children,(2 are adopted),retired early,Do not smoke,do not drink alcohol (I used to ). I say what I like and I like what I say,HaHaHa. Cheers all Paul.
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

Hi all,

im sebastian,31 living in belgium but i am of spanish nationality,i collect ww2 german stuff and tought of this site as very good,no ranting or to much swearing,also its pretty neutral there where other forums can go a bit nationalistic and so on :-),im here to pick some info up and to read some stories of battles and groups of the germans,i am only interested in german and axis,the allied forces whom have my respects also dont give me the same feeling i have about the germans,so yes i clollect a bit but mainly gear and equipment,i got some papers too but mainly its equipment,of wich i may post some pics later on when i am more familiar with the forum!!Main interest is the 250e blaues division and everything around it

Cheers
Sebastian
HeinrichFrey
Contributor
Location: Franconia-Franconie-Franken-巴伐利亚州-Франки-فرانك-バイエルン

Post by HeinrichFrey »

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,
there is not much to say about me. I`m a quite normal citizen of a small town near Coburg in Franconia. I grew up in Erlangen near Nuremberg, which brought me in contact to the armed american forces there. End of this year I´ll celebrate my 50th new years eve, which allows You a conclusion on my age. Therefore I saw Your boys going to Vietnam and Iraq(1st) and I saw Your troops marching out of the garrison in 1993 supported by the Marne Band. My family roots partly can be reconstructed till about 1000. I`m mostly interested in the history of Grandpa Heinrich Frey a Stali9ngrad fighter in the tractor factory from south to the north and the best Grandpa you could imagine. I´m married with Angela. Her father had been in the LSAH, the Wiking and the HJ. A very quiet part of family history. And there is many, many more... I hope You will enjoy my family stories.
All the best
Matt
otisaxe

Post by otisaxe »

Hello all.
I joined the site on 23rd of october but have been visiting as a guest for a couple of years. My interest in the German ww2 forces began as a child (i'm 40 now ! ouch). I grew up with a very close family friend - uncle "jerry" (His real name is H.D. Voss.) As a child war films, books etc seemed to show all Germans as heartless evil brutes with no sense of humour and yet my uncle Jerry was kind, loving and very funny. He told me that he was enlisted as a young man, trained, sent to the front (Italy) and captured by an American within 2 days ! After a stay in a Canadian p.o.w. camp he was sent to England to work on the land, fell in love and stayed behind when the war ended. As a child he always reminded me of the guard from Hogans Heroes " i see no evil, i hear no evil, etc..."
I have been collecting bits and bobs of personel/field gear ever since. As i now live in Poland i am, almost daily, in contact with things i have never seen before and have trouble identifying - hence my joining the forum. I hope to be able to share photo's of the stuff i come across with members and at the same time learn more about the people, places and objects i discover.
Thanks again for letting me join and i hope to be a positive and active member.
All the best - Pete Redding

P.s. - I hope to post a couple of "jerrys" photo's on the site including one from his days in the Canadian camp that shows what the camp tailor could do with a uniform and some dye ! however i must first get his permission and he is an old man and many miles from me - but i will do my best.
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Welcome and enjoy yourself :wink:
John W. Howard
Klaus_Arzt
Supporter

Post by Klaus_Arzt »

Hello everyone my name is Klaus_Arzt and I’m a new one to this site. I’ve been browsing it a lil bit but I already adore it. I have to admit that all these topics, discussions, photos etc. are great. I’ve been interested in the history of WWII since I was 10 (I’m 21 now) especially in German military and everything what is connected with it.
All that goes back to the time when I was keen on scale models, well you know, making figures, dioramas etc. Then it grew up into smth larger. I seriously got interested in it and began purchasing all the materials, books, movies, photos and so on about the IIIReich. About warfare, uniforms and especially about weapons, music (marches, then some 1930’ tango), backgrounds of notorious politicians, Hitler’s henchmen.
Thanks for letting me join this great forum. I hope to be a positive member.
All the best
Klaus_Arzt
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Welcome, Klaus! There's plenty here that can keep you occupied.

Are you a real Arzt?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
august
Supporter

Post by august »

hello everyone! just a few words of introduction, my name is christopher, i'm 43 and an american. i live in orlando, florida and, as you may have guessed, am descended from prussians on my mothers side. my career is inside sales, though i've been a bus driver and school teacher briefly. i'm fascinated with ww2 and hope to visit europe, especially germany, one day. i'm glad to have the opportunity to talk about and study the second world war here with those that know more than i do. to the staff, thank you for a wonderful site and to all the members "gut getroffene Kameraden!"
Klaus_Arzt
Supporter

Post by Klaus_Arzt »

[quote="Tom Houlihan"]Welcome, Klaus! There's plenty here that can keep you occupied.

Are you a real Arzt?[/quote]

Hello Tom Houlihan, actually I'm not a doctor but besides WWII i'm also interested a lil bit in oriental therapy.
debrito
Supporter

Post by debrito »

Hi to all,

After stick around a few times I decided to join the forum (my first post) I have a background in history, amateur of military history (ancient, medieval and 20th Century). I am a toy soldier collector (King & Country) and a Diorama builder. I have created many dioramas most of WWII, you can have sneak peak by visiting my website www.handmadehistory.com

Sorry my English it is not that good
Cheers to all.

Rod.
Whiterook

Post by Whiterook »

Hello everyone!

I actually joined at the end of November, but have been a bit sidetracked, so apologies for the late introduction. I was informed by a friend of the site, and decided to check in and see what's happening here, and was very impressed, so I joined. I have a interest in WWII that stems from my father's involvement in the war as an infantryman in the Canadian Army. As many of his generaltion, he didn't talk much about his experiences, and through accounts from his brothers and sister, the war years haunted him; but he was also immencly proud of his service. He died a few years ago, sadly, and I was lucky enopugh to get the medals he wore for the last time as he lay in repose.

I am an avid Gamer, and specifically in WWII games. I find that in the scenarios I play, I am able to better understand the tactics used on the battlefield...even if it is just in a small way. I have also recently rediscovered model building, and build primarily WWII models.

I look forward to exploring the site and meeting many new friends here!
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Welcome Whiterook:
I would be interested to know where your father served with the Canadian Forces; they were involved in a lot of tough fighting and fought very hard. Best wishes and have fun on the site.
John W. Howard
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Hmmm.... Whiterook.... Sounds frightfully familiar!

Everyone hide yer turkey.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!