New requirement going forward re: user names on Feldgrau

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Piet, as for Political Correctness - remember pzrmeyer2's tale of his realtor's comments a year ago, about someone interested in buying his house walking away because there was a model of an sdkfz251 sitting on a shelf!!!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Piet Duits wrote:What a rediculous political correctness !
If The Powers That Be starts to love the color grey, should everybody love grey too?
If this is true what you write -and I have no reason to think otherwise- then you are accompanied with the shortest minded people you can ever find. What are you, sheep? Has George Orwell's 1984 become a reality where you live? Then YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THERE !!!

Regarding the single-issue. Well, even Trekkies can get a girl, so that's no excuse.

Sorry, but I consider this to be complete nonsense.
What's wrong with my proposed way: Piet D. from Oudenbosch, The Netherlands.
If I look at the white pages of Oudenbosch, part of Halderberge - a community with 29.500 people - then there's no way in telling what my family name is. So, if you want to hide, you can hide behind that.
I have never been ashamed of who I am, what I am and what my hobbies are. You shouldn't either.

boy o boy, I can't believe this. Suppose you like kinky sex, or even worse, you watch As The World Turns in your FREE TIME. Boy, watch out as it can get you fired. If this hobby can get you fired, TRY ME ! Then people with a profession like Dave has are handy @{ :evil:

Piet D.
thanks for all of the information; you should be hearing the black helicopters around dusk. move away from the windows. watch for repel ropes. any 40s style sedans that pull up--run!
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

phylo_roadking wrote:Piet, as for Political Correctness - remember pzrmeyer2's tale of his realtor's comments a year ago, about someone interested in buying his house walking away because there was a model of an sdkfz251 sitting on a shelf!!!
and not even a Hakenkreuz, just a Balkan Cross! In 1/35th scale!
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

So, all people who want to sell their house has to have white fences, brownies baked in the oven, or a freshly baked aple pie in the opened window?
Nur für den Dienstgebrauch
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

To get the price YOU want - yes! Have you never worked with a professional realtor?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

Okay, let's share something personal on the web.
I live in a trailer.
I am the 6th generation of the family Duits to live in a "trailer" (if you call 77m2 a trailer).
In the US, they call such people Trailer Trash.
I don't consider myself to be trailer trash.

When I was in the army, and later as a civilian (I was 17 when I joined the army), I often held my peace when people were discussing trailerpeople. They were all thieves, all of them were driving a Mercedes Benz, were hung with gold.
All I had to do was look at what's around my neck. A small golden cross I received from my dad the day before he died. I also looked at my car and said that I MUST be something really bad...
You know what their comment ALWAYS was? Well, there are also good trailer people!
Yes, they burn them apart from the others.

I am disgusted about that. I am no different than others. I have served my country. Pay my taxes. Complain about it. When I go to the shithouse, my droppings are as smelly as that from the Queen. Heck, even my blood is red.
I also have a hobby. I like researching the german army in World War II. If someone has a problem with that, good, what's your hobby.

I have my own reasons not to research the Allgemeine SS, Grüne Polizei or units involved in the concentration camps. I will not visit the concentration camps too.
My grandmother from motherside was a gipsy. She had a lot of her family transported to Auschwitz, never to return. My "kind of people" are being proscecuted for decades. Do I bend over because of that? No, I fight when needed. Not physically, but with arguments. And you know what? I have always won.
Stop the political correctness bullshit. Be who you are. Our parents, grandparents and their grandparents have fought for these rights. Stick to them.
Waiting for the aplause.
Stepping off my soapbox.

Piet D.
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

I am only 32 years old
Damn, only a year older than me :D :D

By the way: good post, hit the nail perfectly :up:

I am posting under my real name everywhere I am a registred member, from the beginning on...and never understood why adult people try to "hide" themselves behind ridicoulous nicknames. If someone wants to "find me" he will do so easily, and myself has no problems with that. I had even once our good old Paddy surprisingly on the phone, so what? We have discussed our matter in a civilized manner, as adult persons should do it. No problem. I have nothing to hide, I am simply doing historical research, as it should be the main purpose of this forum. And I am god damn bored by these neverending political debates which are flöoding this forum. They only waste time and energy and do never lead to something constructive..and made many really good members not visiting Old Feldgrau anymore :roll:

:beer:

Jan-Hendrik Wendler, Wienhausen, Deutschland
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

pzrmeyer2 wrote:
Piet Duits wrote:What a rediculous political correctness !
If The Powers That Be starts to love the color grey, should everybody love grey too?
If this is true what you write -and I have no reason to think otherwise- then you are accompanied with the shortest minded people you can ever find. What are you, sheep? Has George Orwell's 1984 become a reality where you live? Then YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THERE !!!

Regarding the single-issue. Well, even Trekkies can get a girl, so that's no excuse.

Sorry, but I consider this to be complete nonsense.
What's wrong with my proposed way: Piet D. from Oudenbosch, The Netherlands.
If I look at the white pages of Oudenbosch, part of Halderberge - a community with 29.500 people - then there's no way in telling what my family name is. So, if you want to hide, you can hide behind that.
I have never been ashamed of who I am, what I am and what my hobbies are. You shouldn't either.

boy o boy, I can't believe this. Suppose you like kinky sex, or even worse, you watch As The World Turns in your FREE TIME. Boy, watch out as it can get you fired. If this hobby can get you fired, TRY ME ! Then people with a profession like Dave has are handy @{ :evil:

Piet D.
thanks for all of the information; you should be hearing the black helicopters around dusk. move away from the windows. watch for repel ropes. any 40s style sedans that pull up--run!
Most probably those guys in the choppers would be former collegea's of mine. They can get a cup of coffee and be silent, not to wake up my better half. Because, if they do, hell WILL break lose.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Piet, I'm sure it doesn't feel like it to you - but Political Correctness was begun to benefit people like yourself!!! To include people like yourself whom living circumstances, background etc. formerly HAD put beyond the bounds of what those bigoted people you talk about liked to keep for themselves. NOW in Europe at least they can't exclude you from the "benefits" of society, not by law. But the laws come first, so that the generations after they're introduced simply grow up knowing that all men are created equal. But - I know and you know you can force inclusiveness, but not enforce tolerance. That only comes with a situation becoming so..."old"?...That the new way of doing things simply becomes in time the old accepted way. But society still has to go through the growing pains first. And perhaps not get it quite right at times, with a little tweaking needed.

I'll give you an example. Holland is racially more tolerant and integrated than the UK is. Why? because the process started there with you a LONG time before it started here. In time we'll have the same sort of integrated, racially tolerant society - hopefully! - but the process is only a couple of decades into its development.
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

also important is how you -as a member of a minority- act. I do not feel as being part of a minority. I am as equal as the others. And I act accordingly. I have had my own share of problems here too. I will not bother you with examples (please don't, as I don't know how to translate it) 8) and have also faced stupidity. That's what I call it.

Tolerancy. Such a nice word. Another nice word: Discrimination.
EVERYBODY does it. EVERYBODY. The point is to to accept it, and most importantly to be able to receive it.

An example, from my time in the army.
I had a very slow guy from the city of Rotterdam in my platoon. He hated, no disgusted blacks. You have to guess who his buddy became? A black guy from The Hague. The Rotterdam-guy did not know any blacks, but did know he hated them. And then he met his future buddy (he and the black guy became an MG team), and became good friends with him. The other guys called them Duo Penotti (a brand name of white and milk chocolate). How is this possible? Because we -in general- are afraid of everything that is different.

Piet D., the Wise :[]

http://www.pannapenotti.nl/duo.htm
Luftman129
Supporter

Post by Luftman129 »

Ok, if it comes to it, I'm fine if my name used is Christopher C. from Houston, TX. I mean there's gotta be at least 10k folks with that name here anyway.

Thanks,
Chris
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

That's my point. First you legislate against discrimination in rights, work opportunities, treatment in law, state benefits etc. - THEN in a generation or two everyone SEES and eventually learns that everyone IS treated equally. You can create the environment - ane eventually mindsets change when people SEE there is no difference.

But FIRST you have to go through the growing pains of legally-forced NON-discrimination. And of course this creates backlashes and reactions and a hardening of attitudes. Until in the end it simply dies out.

Though I'll be the first to admit that "political correctness" is one of the things that has to be tweaked and a better balance stuck. It's dealing with the minutiae of a situation before the bigger issues are dealt with.
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

phylo_roadking wrote:That's my point. First you legislate against discrimination in rights, work opportunities, treatment in law, state benefits etc. - THEN in a generation or two everyone SEES and eventually learns that everyone IS treated equally. You can create the environment - ane eventually mindsets change when people SEE there is no difference.

But FIRST you have to go through the growing pains of legally-forced NON-discrimination. And of course this creates backlashes and reactions and a hardening of attitudes. Until in the end it simply dies out.

Though I'll be the first to admit that "political correctness" is one of the things that has to be tweaked and a better balance stuck. It's dealing with the minutiae of a situation before the bigger issues are dealt with.
legally forced NON discrimination? Does that work?
It's illegal to drive harder than is allowed. Still, everybody does it. I am everybody.
A government forcing people to like each other doesn't work. It will never work.
But... aren't we off topic now? (not that I don't like the discussion)
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

But this is detracting from the question in hand - the Internet is a global society, and in parts of it there are still very real prejudices against certain subject matter. And people on here maintain their interests in those despite a lesser or greater degree of hostility at times. For some its a real issue - and something has to be done to accomodate their fears and concerns, and to assist them to remain.
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

Phylo,

Again, using your first name and a capital of your last isn't going to sell your identity.
Unless you are the only Jesus C. in Bethlehem :D

I wrote it in an earlier response. We are all grown up enough -even though there are some youngsters around too- to understand we share a mutual hobby. Otherwise we wouldn't visiting this website, correct?
Then, let's call each other by the first name. Problem solved.
There will be 75215* John's, 85321* William's, 2 Piet's, but not all of them have the same last name and come from the same town.
That WOULD however make life a lot easier. :up:

Piet D.