New requirement going forward re: user names on Feldgrau

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Piet - legally forced or legally-protected non-discrimination on the grounds of race, wealth, nationality, religion, etc. is to SOME extent included in almost every national law code in the world. Look at the US of the 1960's. Or the "parity of esteem" and outlawing of discrimination in employment, housing, state benefits here in Northern Ireland starting in the 1970s and complete in law today, if not yet in people's minds. What was the "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite" of the French Revolution except a guarantee of those to people whatever their class or origin?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Unless you are the only Jesus...
...or the 50,000 of them in East L.A. ! :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

Yes, our fathers fought for that. And our mothers cooked meals. @{ :D

Let's not abandon what they fought for. Use your first name ;)

And suddenly, I became... an associate!
Nur für den Dienstgebrauch
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Use your first name
Haven't you noticed???
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

No, not specificly you. In general.
The both of us have been using our name for years.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

LOL "The Wages of Sin" - you make a discriminatory post about women....and get promoted! :D :D :D
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

Phylo,

It's always nice to know ones place. I know that when my better half reads about what I wrote, my place will be outside, where it's freezing, with a small suitcase in my hand. Oh well, spoils of war. She won.
I know my place too. :roll:
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

There seems to be a considerable difference in the way this matter is perceived by North Americans,as opposed to some people living in Europe.I believe the North Americans have it right...for North America.To the North Americans,imagine this...some citizen decides that it is best to discourage any involvement with military history.And decides to launch a website listing the membership,along with some biased comments.Sound good?
An unbreakable man
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Piet Duits wrote:
legally forced NON discrimination? Does that work?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not in my lifetime, Brother!!!!!

Cheers,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Not in my lifetime
Hmm, "Brown Vs. Board of Education" comes to mind!

But in reality - because the US is SO pluralistic, of course real integration is going to take generations. And seems as determined to invent NEW minorities to replace those it starts however hesitantly to bring on board. It was JUST starting to deal with Afro-Americans at long last in the mid- to late '60s when the Hispanic population began to spiral up, for instance.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I'm sorry, guys, but I just don't buy your excuses and objections. If I can use my full name, so can you. Most of you have nothing to fear from this at all. I use my real name. As a result of crossing swords with some of the people in our "community", I've had attempts to cause me trouble with security agencies in the US and the UK, with my employers, with clients and so on. There have been abusive calls to the house. My wife has been targeted. The most recent manifestation of this is a thread on another website, now radically edited since the libel potential was pointed out, alleging me to be a member of Stormfront. It's rather childish stuff, which is why I don't intend to do anything about it. However, it is amusing to see one of the thread's prime movers here, pontificating away merrily whilst spamming me through this website's PM system. :D That's the problem with the internet. You never know with whom you are really dealing. You could be dealing with a longterm inmate in a hospital for the criminally insane, for all you know. Some of them have access to the internet. It's a shame that Jason Pipes doesn't want to implement the credit card registration system. It would certainly weed out a lot of deadbeats and dingbats. Mind you, as one wag pointed out, the active membership would probably drop to around two-hundred! Then some academic could pen a thesis about how being obsessed with Nazism is bad for one's bank balance, citing the plunge from 6,000-plus to just 200 in the case of this website once the sub-sub-prime losers were weeded out and sent off for an early shower. And then we could have loads of furious threads about rich celebs who - allegedly - collect Nazi gear: Spielberg, Hanks, Eastwood, Jagger et al. Oh...no...they wouldn't be furious and impassioned anymore because all the Bolshies and trolls would have been excluded because they refused to give their real names and addresses, fearing that some of us might come round and kill them. Or something like that.

I still think you should stop being "girly men", to quote Arnie, and use your real names. After all, what have you got to lose? Your teeth?

PK
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

darn, just as I became an associate, you want to introduce a creditcard system after which I will go too. As I don't own a creditcard, nor want to own a creditcard. Why do we, Europeans, need a creditcard? We have our IBAN-system!
Darn

Piet D.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

PK has a point. Face it, he's pissed off more people on the internet than a dozen of us combined, and he's still hanging in there. If he's weathered the storms, then the rest of us should have no problems.

Piet, that's a valid point that I don't think our US based constituency has thought about. You're the second Euro type that I've heard talk about a lack of credit cards. Hell, over here, even pets get applications from some of the companies! Those cards are virtually de rigueur over here! Though I see Paddy's point about the cards, there are reasons why it wouldn't work.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

Paddy,it sure sounds as if some person or group has it in for you.Just a member you crossed swords with?Who wants the kind of trouble you have experienced?The warning shot was fired recently with that Myth of the Eastern Front book.Misinformation is easily propagated.Quite possibly it will increase.Once you are on some database,how will it be interpreted?

Most people have a home internet connection.Management can identify them.Other major forums do not demand real names,and have avoided problems.We had a point where emotions got heated.It's over for any that want it to be over.
An unbreakable man
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Most people have a home internet connection.Management can identify them.Other major forums do not demand real names,and have avoided problems.
Feldgrau is Jason Pipes forum, he may choose how he likes for it
to be run. There was a time when one posted here that regardless
of the name they used every time one posted their IP address was
aslo visiable. Those were the days when debates where
hundreds of responses and ongoing for weeks.
Not that long ago.

I am sure it will all work out in the scheme of things.
I do admire people whom use their own names and
can take responsibilities for what they post IMHO

That being said I am sure Jason will not require monies to join
nor isist on real names but maybe when joining there could
be some way that Jason alone could be privileged to certain
information such as real name?
Annelie