New requirement going forward re: user names on Feldgrau

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

paranoid, eh? well...
With my credit card number out there on cyberspace. Yes!
Make sure you read the whole text and know what you are quoting. :roll:
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

:D
if i explain further, will i end up drowning in another never ending rambling?

...you don't get it, do you?

nevermind...
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
darkertomcat
Supporter

Post by darkertomcat »

How do I change my user name Jason as I am for your policy.

-Mike
"Life is not a support system for art, its the other way around."- Stephen King
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Simply send me your details and I will update your account.

Thanks!
Shadow
Patron

Re:

Post by Shadow »

[quote="Jason Pipes"]For the record... I have no plans to implment some sort of credit card scheme for verifying identy on Feldgrau. That would be both impossible and unwarranted. That said I do wish to move to a real name basis on the site. As mentioned, we are open to discussion on this and would like to hear from others as to their opinion for or against the idea.
Many very well known authors and researchers post here under their real names and they don't seem to have any issues with it.
Again, please let us know your thoughts.[/quote]

Greetings Troops !!

My name is John Mulholland, and I have been a member of Feldgrau Forum for many years, since I discovered the Internet.

I also go by the names of:

Shadow (Feldgrau)
Snoopy (Axis Historical Forum)
Sabre (Commando Supremo)
and many other aliases.

I don't know why anyone has an issue with Jason asking for the "real" names of new members?

Are new members afraid that Jason (and Marcus, over at Axis Historical Forum) are going to "steal" their identities for nefarious reasons, such as copying information from their credit cards etc.??

I can attest to the fact that, throughout my long tender, as a proud member of Feldgrau Forum, I have never had reason to complain that any (or all) of my information has been used, in any way, for reasons that I could take umbrage with !!

PLEASE - TO ALL NEW MEMBERS - YOU ARE JOINING ONE OF THE BEST FORUMS REGARDING WWII GERMAN INFORMATION THAT IS ON THE INTERNET - THE OTHER BEING AXIS HISTORICAL FORUM (Sorry Jason) !!

Fear not !!!

And join now !!!

John W. Mulholland
bil
Supporter

Re: New requirement going forward re: user names on Feldgrau

Post by bil »

Did I miss something?? However,I do agree ,and have always posted on all forums with my real name. ---bil
Robert F. Rojas

RE: New Requirement Going Forward - (User Names On Feldgrau).

Post by Robert F. Rojas »

Greetings to both Chairman Jim Pollar, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Howdy Jim! Well sir, in light of Jason Pipes now ten year old edict of Wednesday - December 19, 2007 - 3:40pm, should the neighborhood-at-large anticipate the continuation of this policy OR will there be a entire restructuring of THIS and ALL other policies that were instituted under the governance of Jason Pipes? Thank you in advance for entertaining my inquiry or inquires on this matter. Well, that's my initial two cents worth on this now quite vintage administrative topic of interest - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day from sea to shining sea.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :?: :!: :[]
It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it - Robert E. Lee