Ulm, Neu Ulm April 1945

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Baker324

Ulm, Neu Ulm April 1945

Post by Baker324 »

I am looking for any citizens or soldiers in Ulm or Neu Ulm, April 1945. Someone who might know of the German civilain hospital there.
John W. Howard

Hospital

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Baker:
Have you tried a Google Search on Ulm or Neu Ulm? Most European cites have excellent web-sites complete with maps etc. Your best bet is to find the address of the Bürgermeister(Mayor) of the city of interest and write with your enquiry. I have done this on two occasions and the response was rather overwhelming; the Germans broke their butt to help me find info. I can't guarantee you will get the same response as I, but it is worth a try. If you can, it might be wise to have your enquiry written in German. I had someone go over mine, and correct the numerous errors :shock:, before I sent it. It should not be that difficult to find someone to go over your request, or write it for you. There are several folks on this site who would probably help you with the composition of a request for information. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Baker324

Post by Baker324 »

John,

Thanks for the idea. In the past we have tried the Stadt Archive to no avail via a local citizen helping us out. I have recently found some new in formation that I would like to explore but my contact in Ulm can no longer be found. I will definitely try Herr Bergermeister.

Thanks again,

J
Baker324

Post by Baker324 »

John,

Thanks for the idea. In the past we have tried the Stadt Archive to no avail via a local citizen helping us out. I have recently found some new in formation that I would like to explore but my contact in Ulm can no longer be found. I will definitely try Herr Bergermeister.

Thanks again,

J