Info Request on patch

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

bernhard37049
Supporter

Info Request on patch

Post by bernhard37049 »

I hope I am in the right Forum. I have a few of my (Opas) medals. His wounded badge,Infanterie badge, and his Iron Cross 2nd class.(all original) I also have his sport patch that I dont know much about It is a round patch about 2.5 to 3 inches wide yellow around edges , black middle ( back ground),large yellow adler in middle with a black swatzika in center of adler. Can anyone give me any iformation on this patch? Know for a fact that he participated in sports before,during and after the war. Triathelon, wrestling,and soccer. Played for SV Waldkirch after the War. (soccer) Also in wrestling have pictures of him in the Stemmermannschaft 1948 bei den Sudbadischen Meisterschaften in Lahr (Otto Rieder) Got kind of carried away whenever I think of my Opa it brings back memories Bernhard37049 just need info on Patch Thanks in advance
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Re: Info Request on patch

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Hello Bernhard

Could it be similar to this, but with yellow thread instead.
http://www.pandkmilitaryantiques.com/european.htm

Was he by any chance in a signals unit (radioman etc.)? If so, could explain the yellow colour.
Sorry, can't be of much more help without an image of it.

waleed
bernhard37049
Supporter

Post by bernhard37049 »

No its not like that. The eagle and swatzika are correct but the patch is round with black background yellow threat around the outside. thanks Bernhard37049 There is no wreath around it. He was not in a radio unit. I have a picture of Him on a post in Photographs. Date today 5-18-2008. It does not show this patch
bernhard37049
Supporter

Post by bernhard37049 »

This is a picture of the patch. From what I learned it was a emblem on a sports shirt. From a German Third Reich era "DLR" Bronze Sports Shirt. Does anyone know what that is and who would have gotten one. Is this a common shirt that everyone had or just a few? Thanks Bernhard37049 Image