Identifing a german officer.

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Brigadefuhrer_Grim

Identifing a german officer.

Post by Brigadefuhrer_Grim »

I made this one to get a better look.

I got a couple of questions:

1. Now, I think he has an knights cross around his neck, and there is this little white spot over it, is this the knights cross with oakleaves?

2. His medals under his left pocket is a little unclear, and I can only identify the Iron Cross 1st class, can anyone see what the other two are?

3. His cuff title seem to be short, I would guess it's "Das Reich" or "Der Fuhrer", someone know?

4. I know this is from a movie, and that not all of this are correct, but I got to ask. Usually officers don't wear y-straps as this guy, but then they also usually dont wear normal field equipment either, but besides his Luger holster and what seems to be a map-pouch. He also has a bread bag and a water botle. Now as you can see this really drags his belt down, wich is why people with this kind of equipment use a y strap in the first place. Now what do you smart guys think about this?

5. Is the totenkopf on his cap a metal or wool one?

Yes I'm actually thinking about collecting this uniform, and yes this is from SPR.
Wüstenfuchs

Post by Wüstenfuchs »

Just a question- is it because of my computer, that i can´t see the picture, just a white thing with a little red cross in it?-
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

Post by Brigadefuhrer_Grim »

Wüstenfuchs wrote:Just a question- is it because of my computer, that i can´t see the picture, just a white thing with a little red cross in it?-
Well, I can see it so I'm not shour...
PaulR
Supporter

Post by PaulR »

The medals on his left pocket are the Iron Cross first class, Infantry Assualt Badge, and a Wound Badge in Black.

The award around his neck appears to be a Knights Cross with Oakleaves.

He appears to have a ribbon in his second button hole. It could be either an Eastern Front Campaign medal or his Iron Cross second class.

There is no way to tell which cuff title is on his tunic from the photos provided. He seems realistically equiped.

I hope that I was able to help.

Regards
Paul
Always looking for Luftwaffe Administrative uniforms