A message to our Spanish neighbours.

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Jez
Associate

A message to our Spanish neighbours.

Post by Jez »

May i offer my deepest sorrow at the atrocity unleashed on the Spanish people today to any of the Forums Spanish members.

Our hearts and thoughts go out to you in Yorkshire.

Kind regards, Jez
George Harper

Bombings in Spain

Post by George Harper »

I too wish to send my deepest condolances and sympathy to all our Spanish friends. A tremendous tragedy.

George Harper.
George S. Harper.
Sydney, AUSTRALIA.
Javier Sandoval
Supporter

Post by Javier Sandoval »

Thank you all for your messages. I live in Madrid, but fortunately was not near the places where the explosions occurred. So far almost 200 dead and 1,400+ injured in what has become the largest terrorist attack on Spanish soil ever. Tomorrow is expected that millions of Spaniards will be out in the streets.
V Manstein

Post by V Manstein »

I,m German but i live in Spain since 11 years. My wife and children are spaniards. It,s a terrible momment for everybody here, Thanks for your good wishes. But don't forget the truth: ETA is not a basque separatist organization ( CNN dixit ), it´s only a terrorist band of killers.

España se sobrepondrá con la grandeza, la entereza y el valor tradicionales del pueblo español a esta masacre y los terroristas serán capturados o eliminados.
PAX
Brian67
Banned

Post by Brian67 »

Also my best wishes and deepest condolances.
And we will see if it really was the ETA or at least Al Quaida.
http://www.panzergrenadierregiment63.de.vu
http://www.3ss.totenkopf.de.vu

Die Dummheit des Menschen und das Universum sind unendlich; wobei ich mir beim Universum nicht ganz sicher bin! (Albert Einstein)
M.Wittmann
Supporter

Post by M.Wittmann »

Condolances and best wishes to everyone in Spain :(
"Klagt nicht, kämpft!"

Wanted:
Info about 5.SS-Pz(Gren)Div 'Wiking' and the dutch Waffen-SS volunteers.
Óscar G

Post by Óscar G »

Many thanks for your wishes and support. After the terrible images and events lived yesterday, I feel a deep desolation... This is just the aim of the terrorism: to demoralize us. Our democratic societies must keep on defending by democratic means those great conquers called HUMAN RIGHTS.
But don't forget the truth: ETA is not a basque separatist organization ( CNN dixit )
Sadly, this sort of affirmations and naive viewpoints spread out. Some people (abroad) see this organization as if they were real heroes fighting like the hero of "Braveheart", so to speak, with a halo or sacred mission to carry out. Some years ago I met a canadian girl who asked me about these "fighters of the basque freedom". Fighters? Freedom? Killers, instead. It can´t be admitted this glorification or mythification of the violence. Look, I´m basque and I do know what they are: racist killers who base their injustified theories and aims (with no historical justification...) in the hatred against Spain... They are just doing what they know: to sow terror. Their members are taken from even "marginalized" groups, without any knowledge of any basis or political theory: young people growing in a violent and closed (without no exchange... This is the most dangerous feature in my opinion) "concentric" atmosphere and "hatred culture". From this horizon is impossible to "be in tune" with any democratic premises.

The last victim has been a seven month baby... Fighters.
All the best and all the peace. Óscar
V Manstein

Post by V Manstein »

Sr. Oscar G, coincido con usted en lo que afirma. El problema es que eso no puede usted decirlo con libertad en las Vascongadas sin miedo a ser llamado fascista o "español".
If anybody wants to know what is the thinking of spanish people, there is a military forum easy to find in Google: " Foro militar general". There you can find the questions and the answers.
PAX
Jez
Associate

Post by Jez »

Óscar G wrote;

This is just the aim of the terrorism: to demoralize us.

NO WAY!

The Spanish that i have had the honour of meeting are of a strength that the rest of the European states envy.

God bless you from Yorkshire and Britain.

Regards, Jez Walton.
Christian
Patron

Post by Christian »

My deepest sympathy to everyone affected by the terrible events in Madrid, especially to the families who have lost loved ones.

We share your pain.

Sincerely,

Christian
Panzer37
Supporter

Post by Panzer37 »

I want to join the fine Feldgrau community and summon up my deepest sorrows, offering my condonlences to my Hermanos Españoles from México.

I don't really understand the real situation in regards to Eta so I can only hope our government is making what is needed to help and to capture all terrorists they have within grasp.

Also, there are still some uncofirmed news on tv, stating that is Al Qaeda the one responsible for this atrocity. any idea yet on who did the attacks?

Whatever is the name of these devils, I hope they get caught, humilliated and exposed, worse than animals, cause those who kill like they did are not humans, and thus human right policies are void in their case.

VIVA ESPAÑA

atte. Hector
Stefan
Banned

Post by Stefan »

I would also like to express my deepest sorrow and heart-felt condolences to our spanish friends. At the moment, it has not clearly been determined who was responsible for the atrocities, but it won't make any difference for all civilized people who condemn such outrageous criminal act. But I would like to ask two questions:

1.) How cynical, morally corrupt and abnormal must a person like Jose Maria Aznar be to prematurely blame ETA for the attacks at a time when most evidence points to Al Qaida, with the blatant objective to divert public attention from his involvement in the occupation of Iraq and to win the general election?

2.) How cynical, morally corrupt and abnormal must an organization like ETA be to claim that they are "better" terrorists than Al Qaida, just because they say "we only kill dozens, we don't kill hundreds"?

Let us all strive for a united and better world, without hate, without violence and with liberty and justice for all.
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Christian wrote:My deepest sympathy to everyone affected by the terrible events in Madrid, especially to the families who have lost loved ones.
Christian
Our deepest condolences, as well, from CANADA !
:(

sincerely -
John
Signed: "The Shadow"
Skarn
Enthusiast

Post by Skarn »

I join with "Shadow", from Canada, but as a French, so an European fellow countryman, to express my deepest sympathy and condolences.

If ETA is behind this attack, just hope my country will do what it will must do to help Spain, because the "Vascongados" terrorists have bases in it. If Al Qaeda is behind... Just hope we should kick their ass the sooner as possible, to avoid this slaughter in the future...

A todos los Españoles y las Españolas, especialmente los que fueron implicados en las atacas terroristas, quiero decir mi apoyo y ma solicitud.

Loic
"On ne relève pas Picardie !" (Picardie Regiment is not relieved !)
Christian
Patron

Post by Christian »

Just hope we should kick their ass the sooner as possible, to avoid this slaughter in the future
Skarn,

I am afraid that this is wishful thinking and that the world is going to have to deal with this evil for many years to come. I have seen estimates claiming that about 100,000 individuals were trained in camps in Afghanistan in the 80's and 90's, so there are plenty of fanatics left out there. We can only hope that none of these groups will ever get their hands on chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, as the result would be devastating...

In fact, it appears that based on initial information from Spanish authorities, the French government has now decided to elevate its security status to red as they are concerned about the possibility of an attack, following the recent warning by Ayman al-Zawahiri threatening retribution because of France's ban on Muslim head scarves in public schools.

Where is this madness going to end? :?

Christian