In the beginning ...

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Sam H.
Associate

In the beginning ...

Post by Sam H. »

The youngsters sat around the campfire waiting for the story to begin. Though they had all heard parts of the story before, they couldn’t wait for the old warrior to begin the tale from the beginning. Almost like folklore, this yarn had been spun for years and had grown into legend. Every school children had heard the story of the scarlet Stug. But this was a special treat. An eye witnesses to the events was going to tell the tale.

The old warrior sat down with pipe in hand, putting brand to pipe and drawing hard, he began to recite the tale.

"Yes sir, I remember when it all began. Just like it was yesterday …though it has been over 50 years since the beginning."

"You know boys and girls, they didn’t start off with a Stug. Nosiree, this veteran crew started off with a Marauder. One of those open top monsters that offered no respite from the weather."

"What a crew they had. You see, back in the beginning, before he turned … before the Evil Commisar, we had David … and what a fine commander he made. "

"He was a part of the crew?" gasped a yungster sitting in the front row.

"Yes my child … and he was a sight. What a gallant lad, with his dark complexion and the physique of a warrior."

"It was David the commander, Sam the gunner, Prit the loader and black marketer, and Adrian the driver. Others would join latter, but this crew started off with a fine reputation."

"What went wrong?" asked another of the children.

"I don’t recall the whole story … its been so many years. But … Yes … its coming back to me. The Marauder was slugging it out with a couple of T-34’s …, they flamed two right off the bat, when one shot came close, damn near taking off their heads. David ordered the crew to bail out. The crew dove out of the Marauder as the final T-34 blew that sucka to bits. While that started the grumbling … Prit lost his stash, the T-34 was closing in, David yelled run…and damn could he move. Hadn’t seen anyone move that fast since the ’36 Olympics."

TO BE CONTINUED ….
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

Pure resurrection, but this was neve rcontinued :D %E
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

heh heh, is this an attempted addition to "forum heroes"? 8)
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

17SS, Helmut, if you look at the date, you'll see that this is part of the "early years" of the Heroes. If you look at it the right way, this is almost the introduction to the Heroes.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

So, forum heroes was even further back in the Feldgrau archive? :shock:
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Oh, yes!! The first time I visited Feldgrau was back in '98. A lot has happened since then. Back then, I never would have imagined myself as a moderator, that's for sure! :shock:

(Reminds me of one of Groucho Marx' lines. "I wouldn't join any organization that would have me!")

Now, if we can find out how to salvage those old threads... Any of you computer geeks* know how to do that????

*said with only 7% sarcasm...
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

Damn that brings me back to the old days ... before DCC became the commissar ... wow - has it been that long?