Biography-Forum Hero Jonny Wolftruppen

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Wolfkin
Associate

Biography-Forum Hero Jonny Wolftruppen

Post by Wolfkin »

Hey guys!

David mentioned earlier about writing a story about a Forum Hero. I think maybe that I will work on the life story of Jonny Wolftruppen. This will cover the time before he met up with the Forum Heroes and maybe some time afterwards. I hope I can come up with some good stuff!

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!
Wolfkin
Associate

The story of Jonny Wolftruppen

Post by Wolfkin »

The Story Of Jonny Wolftruppen

Jonny Wolftruppen was born in October 1919. He volunteered for the Panzerwaffe in May of 1938 while still 18 years old. He learned all the aspects of Panzer training quite quickly and was promoted rather early becoming an Unteroffizier upon completion of Panzer school.

Jonny Wolftruppen's career began rather slowly, however, and the early campaigns in Poland and France were rather uneventful. The Balkans campaign did not bring any recognition for Wolftruppen either. It was not until Operation Barbarossa that Jonny Wolftruppen started to show the characteristics that would later make him a Panzer Ace.

Perhaps it was the vast territory available for Panzer warfare that Wolftruppen enjoyed. Or maybe it was the large number of enemy targets that were available. Whatever the reason, Jonny Wolftruppen excelled in the Russian Campaigns.

In 1941 Jonny Wolftruppen received a battlefield commission and promotion to Leutnant. After a brief time in an Officer's school, which was just a matter of formality as Wolftruppen was battle-experienced, Wolftruppen returned to the front and then was promoted to Oberleutnant in early 1942.

1942 brought new troubles to Jonny Wolftruppen. His Panzer unit reached the outskirts of Stalingrad in Autumn of 1942 exhausted. They were pulled out of the front line to rest and refit. Then came the news of the Russian offensive around Stalingrad. Wolftruppen's Panzer unit was rushed in to join the relief force.

With the utmost effort Wolftruppen and his fellow Panzer crews tried to reach the encircled Stalingrad but they were unable to do so. The Russians counter-attacked again and Wolftruppen's Panzers were encircled. They managed to break out and joined their own lines but were now in an exhausted and depressed state.

Wolftruppen wanted revenge and wanted to fight the Russians again with a refitted and rested Panzer unit. He would show them that this is one Wolf that they will never cage.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!