German Military Music

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Zookeeper

German Military Music

Post by Zookeeper »

I know this question has probably been answered somewhere here, but after doing a search, couldn't find what I'm looking for. So here is the question again.

Would anyone know where I can find WW II German military music in MP3 format? I used to have some music sites saved years ago, but after changing computers and ISPs, I've got to start over. Especially since this computer has a CD burner.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,

Rick
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

From Amazon you can buy some CD's that contain German military music.

Then there's those illegal programs, where you can download music directly from someones hard drive. I have found most of the marches that way.
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
C. Udentz

German Military Music

Post by C. Udentz »

Hello Zookeeper,

German Military and marching songs can be downloaded free from:

http://www.snow-cream.com/ranandenfeind/

This is a good site, perhaps difficult to understand at first. But You should find what your looking for here.

Another free web site were you can download German music:

http://www.ingeb.org/home.html

Click WWII Songs. A great selection, but not all in MP3 format. Take a look. There is a some good German military and folk songs here.

Cal Udentz.
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

THis site caused me to break down and finally pay way too much for Win-zip. Why couldnt they have it in normal MP3 format. In any event, it seems Albin Julius has borrowed from the Nazizeit once again. He issued a limited EP "Der Gott der Eisen Wachsen liess." Well, on the album, der Sieg des Lichtes ist das Lebens Heil, it seems he borrowed phrases from the song Vorwaerts, Vorwaerts. Specifically, track thirteens (Der Blutharsch songs have no titles) lyrics are:

Vorwärts! Vorwärts! (Forwards, Forwards!)
Schmettern die hellen Fanfaren, (Sound the light trumpets)
Vorwärts! Vorwärts! (Forwards, Forwards!)
Jugend kennt keine Gefahren. (The youth know no danger!)

Jugend! Jugend! (Youth, Youth!)
Wir sind der Zukunft Soldaten. (We are the Soldiers of the Future
Jugend! Jugend! (Youth, Youth!)
Träger der kommenden Taten. (bearers of future deeds)

Curious that Albin omitted the line, "wir marschieren fuer Adolf Hilter." (we march for Adolf Hitler), among most of the other lines. I must say that he has improved greatly from the original, which I did not care for. Incidentally, untill now, I could only make out parts of the lyrics. An Austrian friend of mine helped me understand them. He could make out, Jugen d, Jugend, Schmettern die hellen Fanfaren and Wir sind die ZUkunft Soldaten. BUt even he--a native speaker--could not make out the other lines. He was a little alarmed by Albin's right wing personage. I merely stated that I agree witha lot thjough certainly not all of what he advocates, and that in any case he IS a good musician. But now, when I read it as I hear, I understand perfectly.
ANother song, I believe track 8 or 9 of the same albim, which I asked Wolfgand to see if he could understand, becase I could not Ix, begins with a tape sample, where a speaker says, "Moege die Flammen unserer Begeisterung niemals zum Erloeschen kommen!: (May the flames of our enthusiams never extinguish!) Wolfgang recognized the speaker's voice at once. It was no other than the voice of Goebbels.
That is okay--I still find ALbin's right wign views much less distrubing than that of Susan Sarandons!

Best Wishes,

Einsamer Wolf
Mögen die Flammen unserer Begeisterung niemals zum Erlöschen kommen.
C. Udentz

German Military Music

Post by C. Udentz »

Hello Einsamer Wolf,

Can you explain further?

Cal Udentz.
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Der Blutharsch

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Cal

Der Blutharsch is headed by Austrian frontman Albin Julius. They do not fit in any category really, but fit in the general goth industrial mode. See my posts under music anyone for more details. They draw on a lot of German Nazi motifs. Before he swithced to Tesco--a German label-he used the Sig Rune as his symbol--now its the Iron Cross with Oakleaves. You may also want to refer to these links for further information.

http://www.funprox.com/concerts/blutharschs.asp

http://www.der.blutharsch.com

I have a music sample I will send you if you contact me privately with your email.. If you like what you hear, much of his music can be ordered at strangefortune.com. However, if you are in Europe, you can probably get Der Blutharsc music cheaper there. Trust me--the music of Der Blutharsch is inspiring. So you may want to check it out. I recommend the album The Pleasures Received in Pain most of all.

Best Wishes

Einsamer Wolf
C. Udentz

German Military Music

Post by C. Udentz »

Hi Einsamer Wolf,
Sorry, but are we on the same thread?

Cal Udentz
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Yeah--in my first post on this thread, noted, I suppose to myself, that Albin is actualyl taking stanzas fromt eh song Vorwaerts.. May hafve been a bit tangential. Sorry about that

Warm Regards

David
C. Udentz

German Military Music

Post by C. Udentz »

Hi Einsamer Wolf,

No problem. I was just unsure if you meant to post on the German Military Music thread.
How's things anyway?

Cal Udentz.
Zookeeper

MP3 Zips

Post by Zookeeper »

Cal,

Thanks for the sites. I defintely like those zip files on the first one. It really cuts down on down load time. Especially since I'm connected to the net with a phone modem. The site takes some getting used to, but like you said, it isn't hard to find what I'm looking for.

Haven't done much searching on the second site yet, but I'll get there.

Thanks again for sending the addresses. I appreciate it.

Rick