Searching For a German Movie

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

panzerhan

Searching For a German Movie

Post by panzerhan »

In the middle of 90s, I came across a German movie in TV.

In this movie, as far as i remember, there was a German veteran and another man was blackmailing him about his past. In flashbacks, we saw the young veteran; he's in Waffen SS and got wounded in battle. He then taken to a field hospital. When the Russians got close and the hospital had to be evacuated, one of the nurses (or the doctors?) took his SS jacket and switched it with a soon to be died Wehrmacht soldier. Then she (or the doctor) says something like "Russians kill SS soldiers, by switching the identities maybe we could save this man's life". The subject of blackmail is this.

Has anybody knows something about this movie?
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Re: Searching For a German Movie

Post by B Hellqvist »

Could it be Apt Pupil?
NID_2575

Re: Searching For a German Movie

Post by NID_2575 »

Apt Pupil is Based off of a Steven King Book that is very dark and violent. The movie, though dark, lacks the large amounts of violence the book has and is focused more on the use of manipulation where a young Boy Blackmails a former SS officer into sharing his past and the effects of the SS officers stories have upon him.

The blackmail does not come from the switching of a coat... I am betting that the film in Question is European.