Forum Heroes - The Red Knob

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Bill Medland
Supporter

Forum Heroes - The Red Knob

Post by Bill Medland »

It was dark outside as the door opened very slowly, a figure as pale as a ghost walked into the even darker room.

As the figure got closer David could see that it was Bill, returned from the dead after all these years!
Bill tripped over a Forum Hero story that had been left on the floor by Tom.

David looked at Bill with his eyes opened wide! "We thought you were dead".

"I was David, these last 10 years, but now I have returned to the living".

David with his hunched back, from old age, said "follow me, I need to show you something".

David by the light of an old candle led the way out through a side door into an old aircraft hanger.
He pulled back a canvas cover to reveal the old Stuka from ten years ago, and held the candle close to the aircraft.

"It still flies Bill, the gulash cannon is still fitted, just as you left it".

Bill fumbled in his trousers and searched for the huge red knob, which he then found and took it out.
Bill then screwed the huge red knob onto the joystick of the aircraft and Bill climbed into the cockpit
once again just for old times sake. The two noticed it was getting lighter outside.

Bill tried several times to start the old crate, but it just spluttered and threw out dust and cobwebs.
He was not going to give up and tried once more...... it ticked over a couple of times and then it fired
and the motor roared into action! Bill tapped on the bomb indicator and it showed a full cargo of gulash
bombs......

"What are you going to do Bill?"

"David, go and get Tom, Prit and the others..... we are flying again...... the Forum Heroes are back in action!"

Bill put on his goggles and David wondered if it was such a good idea :shock:

The Commissar went off to spread the news, Bill was back and he was as mad as ever!!!!
Bill Medland, Railway and Postal history of the Third Reich.

http://www.bills-bunker.de

fridgeman
Supporter

Re: Forum Heroes - The Red Knob

Post by fridgeman »

Guess im not long enough here to get the story, but your webpage is quite interesting!
Welcome back then!
Bill Medland
Supporter

Post by Bill Medland »

fridgeman wrote:Guess im not long enough here to get the story, but your webpage is quite interesting!
Welcome back then!
Thanks, it is because I am working on my webpage, that I am delayed in writing the next part of this Forum Heroes story.

Cheers, Bill.

Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

When David had gone, Tom trudged out to the barn. It hurt to think about it. Since Samwise had gone to be with Mick Collins, then soon after, the Shadow had gone to his own final muster. Frodo had bagged it shortly after the war, so looking at the old Green Puma was rather depressing.

The bright Kelly Green had faded somewhat, and there was a grand layer of dust over the vehicle. He realized that it was a good thing they had decided to put it up on blocks. The tires probably weren't in very good shape, but he thought he might be able to find a suitable replacement somewhere.

He climbed up, and opened the hatch to the turret. It skree-ed angrily as he pulled it open, but it came, albeit unwillingly. As he climbed down into the commander's seat, he realized that his knees were almost as angry as the hatch hinge! He hoped he didn't have to get in or out under fire!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Bill Medland
Supporter

Post by Bill Medland »

fridgeman wrote:Guess im not long enough here to get the story
Fridgeman finished looking at Feldgrau and turned his PC off and decided to go for a walk across the fields
towards the old aircraft hanger and parked outside was a red Stuka with some strange attachments.

Fridgemans first thought was "What the hell am I doing in a Forum Heroes Story?" He must have spoken out loud
because Bill came up next to him and said "The first rule about Forum Heroes, if you write on the thread, you are
fair game to be used in the stories".

Fridgeman looked at Bill and saw him wearing an old British RAF uniform and what seemed to be German medals!
He was also wearing a Napoleonic stovepipe shako, which he replaced with a leather cap and googles when flying.
(Bill had crashed behind the German lines early in the war, lost his memory and convinced himself that he was a
German, continued to fly, but this time for the Luftwaffe, successful, but completly mad).

Bill invited fridgeman to come over and sit on a wooden crate, swung the lantern and started to explain the concept
of the "Forum Heroes". Firstly, there is no inner circle, anyone on Feldgrau can be a Forum Hero, we are all "Heroes" here.
Secondly, Forum Hero stories can take two directions, one is semi-serious where everything stays within reality, or
it can be totally way out where anything is possible, I prefer the latter.

"I will give you an example, fridgeman, climb up onto my shoulders" which fridgeman did, then Bill climbed up onto
fridgemans shoulders. Bill shouted down "Now see how high up I am". Fridgeman looked down to see that he was
standing on thin air, some 6 foot up! Bill shouted down "You see, Forum Heroes can do anything!"

They climbed down and Bill made a pot of Yorkshire tea and fridgeman was starting to understand.
Bill pointed up into the sky and said "See that large transport aircraft flying past very high". Fridgeman nodded.
"That aircraft is flown by David (Commissar D, the Evil) he has been flying around trapped in a Forum Heroes
story since 2004. We have been fighting WW2 in a constant 14 year loop, so it is only a question of time before
we bump into ourselves once in a while".

In the far distance Bill heard what sounded like an AFV starting up. Could that be Tom Houlihan?
"Come on fridgeman, you are with me, lets get this Stuka serviced, I have a feeling it is starting all over again!"

The Forum Heroes are on the march!