Can you spare the time to drop a line...

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

phylo_roadking
Patron

Can you spare the time to drop a line...

Post by phylo_roadking »

...and tell CBS where to get off?

http://www.850koa.com/pages/cmn.html?article=9501489

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :x %E
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
John W. Howard

Re: Can you spare the time to drop a line...

Post by John W. Howard »

Nothing surprises me anymore. The TV show in question is terrible to begin with; it exhibits some of the worst acting I have ever seen. The writing is terrible. Its only redeeming features are the scenery and shots of women in bikinis. Hollywood would do well to draw from stories of real heroes, like the ones visiting the Punch-Bowl that day, and fire their cocaine-addled writers and their fantastical wet-dreams. One of the things I have always admired about the Brits and their TV and movies is their quality writing and acting. They find topics worthy of dramatization and do so with excellent actors well prepared for their roles.
John W. Howard
Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Re: Can you spare the time to drop a line...

Post by Troy Tempest »

Wow, I just read that whole article, and that's shameful. However, on another issue, that whole show is a travesty. Why anyone would want to make a remake of 5-0 is inexplicable to me. Jack Lord would never have shown disrespect to veterans, and I'm sure he would have been most happy, no, honoured, to step into the bus and chat with real veterans. You can bet on that.
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie