Dresden TV drama

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Rolf Steiner
Associate

Dresden TV drama

Post by Rolf Steiner »

Annoyingly, I kept dropping in and out of consciousness while this was on the other night (due to the late hour of the broadcast, it was anything but boring). Appears to have been a fairly recent made-for-TV drama showing the leadup to the 1945 raid from both sides. Anyone else catch it, would be interested to hear reactions?

Oh and on a bank-holiday TV trivia note, I caught the last 30 mins or so of the Boys From Brazil last night, which I've probably not seen in 20 years, and whose name should pop up in the credits but... Bruno Ganz?! Didn't catch which character he was, presumably not that pubescent test tube Hitler!
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Dresden TV drama

Post by phylo_roadking »

Appears to have been a fairly recent made-for-TV drama showing the leadup to the 1945 raid from both sides. Anyone else catch it, would be interested to hear reactions?
Niot that recent, it dates from 2006, I remember it the first time it was shown. Suprisingly its a GERMAN tv production, and is quite well regarded as a recreation of events.

My only questionable bit was the markedly-clear radio/intercom chatter over the bombing scenes - sounded a bit Sky Captain and the World Of Tomorrow-ish :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Post by B Hellqvist »

My problem with "Dresden" was the rather unlikely love triangle, a feature that infests way too many war movies these days.
Worldwarstoday

Post by Worldwarstoday »

It's excellent, I very much enjoyed it too. It's available to purchase on DVD from Amazon. Not very expensive either as I was thinking of buying it the other day but opted for a few others instead.

Definitely worth a watch though sitting in the dark late at night.