midnight at skilled nursing fasciliy

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

haen2
WWII Vet

midnight at skilled nursing fasciliy

Post by haen2 »

Hi folks
Still alive, getting oh so slow better.
giving the old laptop a try again. in the middle of the night;screwed up pasword etc.
Jason, please confirm my password in an e-mai.
still on 6x day anti biotics i.v. drips (staph infections) , and pain pills galore.
Hence no going home yet.
My daughter will keep you postd.
Haen
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
Paulus II
Patron

Re: midnight at skilled nursing fasciliy

Post by Paulus II »

Van harte beterschap Hugo!!!
charlieboy
Supporter

Post by charlieboy »

hi haen glad to hear you are slowly on the mend.
micky
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

een spoedig herstel en veel beterschap gewenst!!

Sebastian
united we stand,divided we fall
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Hello HaEn,

Glad to hear your slowly getting better but as they say
"one day at a time" and before you know it you will be back
at home and on the computer.

All the best,
Annelie

Post by Alex Dekker »

Sterkte, hou vol!
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
Mike Higgins
Supporter

Post by Mike Higgins »

Glad to hear your on the mend Haen. Hope you are back home soon.
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

OK Folks, hold on to your pants. I am home.
as soon as The I.V. with constant antibiotics was removed, after the catscan showed that the staph- and some other "foreign"name infection, had been conquered, I could do the rest of the rehab at home.
Surgeon told my wife that if they had been 3 to 4 hours later, i would now be in Walhalla. But Halleluja my maker had other plans.
Had a grand opening where everything that could go wrong did, but my guardian angel was working overtime. In the process my spleen burst; great panic and now "no more spleen". Was in hospital and "skilled nursing fascility"from about end of November.
First day in, day out, and the Emergency, because what they though would work did not.
GAINED about 70 pounds of water, and looked like an elephant. That has been lost meanwhile and now look like a scrawney old geeser :D Need to gain another 20 or so "normal"weight, because of muscle deterioration. (Use it or Lose it)
Anywy I am thanful for my family who as a whole stepped up to the plate and rose to the ocassion. AND I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for "Eben Haezer" (till here the Lord has helped me) (from the old testament).
So for what it is worth i am back. Will have to take slow for some time, but hé I am 83 so what's the difference :wink:
Thanks for the e-mails, p.m's and from some of my close friends, telephone calls.
Have been wading through x-mas mail etc. The family did not celebrate any holidays when i was on the brink, and did not look at any of them. So, next comes the web sites, forums etc. Be patient i will get back to you.
Greetings
Haen

haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

haen2 wrote:OK Folks, hold on to your pants. I am home.
as soon as The I.V. with constant antibiotics was removed, after the cat-scan showed that the staph- and some other "foreign"name infection, had been conquered, I could do the rest of the rehab at home.
Surgeon told my wife that if they had been 3 to 4 hours later, i would now be in Valhalla. But Hallelujah ! my maker had other plans.
Had a grand opening where everything that could go wrong did, but my guardian angel was working overtime. In the process my spleen burst; great panic and now "no more spleen". Was in hospital and "skilled nursing facility"from about end of November.
First: day in, day out, and then Emergency, because what they though would work did not.
GAINED about 70 pounds of water, and looked like an elephant. That has been lost meanwhile and now look like a scrawny old geezer :D Need to gain another 20 or so "normal"weight, because of muscle deterioration. (Use it or Lose it)
Anyway I am thankful for my family who as a whole stepped up to the plate and rose to the occasion. AND I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for "Eben Haezer" (till here the Lord has helped me) (from the old testament).
So for what it is worth i am back. Will have to take slow for some time, but hey, I am 83 so what's the difference :wink:
Thanks for the e-mails, p.m's and from some of my close friends, telephone calls.
Have been wading through x-mas mail etc. The family did not celebrate any holidays when i was on the brink, and did not look at any of them. So, next comes the web sites, forums etc. Be patient i will get back to you.
Greetings
Haen
[/quote]

Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Thankyou HaEn, for the update on your health. You know we all have you in our thoughts.

Glad to hear you have turned the corner and are now on your way back. :D
Keep the faith and one day at a time.
Annelie

Post by phylo_roadking »

The family did not celebrate any holidays when i was on the brink
If they make up for lost time now, it shouldn't take too long to make the weight back up! :D :up: Hope the stollen hasn't gone past it's best-by date!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I'm not sure what the term would be in Dutch or German, but quit goldbricking!

Welcome back, Kamerad! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Honest. Give L and M my best, for putting up with me when I called.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Tom Houlihan wrote:I'm not sure what the term would be in Dutch or German, but quit goldbricking!
Goldbricking: "A person, especially a soldier, who avoids assigned duties or work"

So his mates would have to do his work. In Dutch that would be a "matennaaier", literally a "matefocker". Where the "o" should of course be a"u" :D
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Good Lord Hugo!!: exploding spleens; elephantine swelling :shock: I am quite sure the staff at the nursing facility will NEVER forget you :D I am very glad to hear you are doing better; hang in there. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
chambers
Contributor

Post by chambers »

Oh my, how could I have possibly missed this thread?! HaEn I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that you are ok. I will be thinking about you and wishing you well. Hang in there dear friend, hope you are back to your old self soon. I know I'm clear on the other side of the country but if there is anything I can do for you please don't hesistate to ask!!

Brooke