Inglorious Basterds (2009 film)

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Marc Binazzi
Supporter

Re: Inglorious Basterds (2009 film)

Post by Marc Binazzi »

nebelwerferXXX wrote:I have seen this movie already, it's the worst war movie I've ever seen...
Then you haven't seen "which way to the front", of and with Jerry Lewis.... :D

I thought the confrontation between Landa and the French farmer quite interesting although I have read such incredible pseudo-psychological bull on that specific sequence on IMDB....
"the iron fist had a glass jaw" (Ronald Reagan in Raoul Walsh's Desperate Journey)
PVH

Post by PVH »

jim morrissey wrote:Hi all

I personally belive tarantino died after Kill Bill

Everything since than has been hyped on his name-his trademarks are present
quirky characters you get them by the dozen,
none to subtle "Tributes" to past films of the b variety
odd mixes of period music
big name stars
sometimes a painful cameo by himself

I sat through the 2 set dvd and watched all the features-the movie itself is 2 hrs something
Why did i do this?
because I wanted to know WHY this crap was made and WHAT was the purpose
Entertainment?

The execution and torture of regular whermacht soldiers in some bizarre revenge slash 70's underground style movie validated on the understanding that other germans were hunting jewish civilians, they even have a whermacht sgt despite seeing his comrades scalped refuse to divulge tactical information
Brad pit sounding retarded in this cliche deep southern american accent asks what the german sgt got his iron cross for
the sgt replies bravery-than the sgt is beaten to death

What does anyone get from this?

A feeling of nolstagia to old 70's war movies NO none were like this
A feeling of justice?
Just plain fun?

Heres the real annoying thing besides the crappy italian movie he based on there was no ww2 movie made anything like this.
Yes the principal German was played very well but he was so clever that the movies ending undoes itself because of this.

This so smart "villian" makes a deal that puts his unarmed self at the hands of a sadistic homicidal killer and surprise bloody surprise pays for it-mr clever becomes a moron in a few short scenes

What brilliant writing

Yes the uniforms are well done too bad research did not follow on the units location mr war hero here clearly from the GD was a sniper in Anzio unless they loaned snipers?!
im pretty certain the GD was not in italy in 43

Yes it was just a movie but the content was offensive and if not insulting you got drawn out western sequences dressed up in ww2 period costumes

that actor playing hitler should fall down at the feet of the actor from der untergang and beg forgiveness

I watched Band of Brothers afterwards just to clear my head
Absolutely correct on every point.

This movie was so bad, when I got home I wanted to drive over to Tarrantino's and beat the hell out of him for wasting two hours of my life.

I think the movie was offensive on every level. The WORST I have ever seen.
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

This movie was so bad, when I got home I wanted to drive over to Tarrantino's and beat the hell out of him for wasting two hours of my life.

:D Well you were warned, at least in this forum!
Annelie

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

Never mind "war movie" , it is one of the WORST movies ever made, utter rubbish !
Alan
L. Kafka
Enthusiast

Despite what one may think of this movie...

Post by L. Kafka »

...and what may be thought of as a comic book-style approach to storytellng, I found the rathskeller scene in which the accent of a German officer is questioned to be rather gripping. How about you?
"What are they going to do, send me to Vietnam?"
A oft heard GI refrain in Vietnam in '68.