Adolf Hitler 20.4.1889 to 30.4.1945

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Paddy Keating

Adolf Hitler 20.4.1889 to 30.4.1945

Post by Paddy Keating »

This is an apolitical post. Adolf Hitler was born 120 years ago today. Without Hitler, this forum would not exist. Hitler got six million Germans back to work in the 1930s and created employment for people in many other countries stricken by a global depression in the early 1940s. He continued to provide employment after his death in 1945, in fields like reconstruction, cinema, the media, literature, war crimes detection, compensation litigation and so on. I hope you will all think of Adolf Hitler today and of how his legacy has continued to enrichen your life, sixty-four years after the end of his life.

PK
panzermahn
Associate

Re: Adolf Hitler 20.4.1889 to 30.4.1945

Post by panzermahn »

Hi Paddy

I wouldn't say Uncle Adi enrich anyone's life but he certainly does influence almost everyone who was born or live during the 20th century. I remember back in 1999 or 2000, there was a controversy where Times was selecting the man of the century. Initially it was supposed to be Hitler but I think finally the editors selected Einstein.

Well, Uncle Adi did affect everyone of us, from the New World geopolitical continuum to the southernmost peninsula of the Eurasian landmass :)

Panzermahn
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I said that his legacy continued to enrichen people, including publishers, filmmakers, archivists, lawyers and all the people who have been making money out of the Third Reich since 1945. His legacy also makes money for collectors and the dealers who feed that need. And then there is the recreational enrichenment enjoyed by millions of people, including the participants in forums like this one.

PK
DrStrangelove

Post by DrStrangelove »

...enrichen people, Paddy, you are so right, when it comes to money...

As a collector of WWI, and WWII photos, I am not interersted to make a profit out my collection, I have sold several "Heinrich Hoffmann" photos to the USA, for some money, I needed that money bad, at that time.

What did I do with this cash, a new NIKON DSLR camera, to shoot more photos...

DrS