Shadowland Update

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Tom Houlihan
Patron

Shadowland Update

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Well, many of you know that our own King Shadow was recently hospitalized, again.

In mid-February, he had to go in to deal with his colon cancer. In early March, he was back in. On the up side, even if he never uses it in the normal way, it has been medically proven that the Shadow does in fact have a brain. They know this, because they had to remove a tumor from it. The surgery itself went well, though there were some moments during the recovery that weren't so good.

He managed to talk them into letting him come home for his convalescence. I'm sure that the Chief of Surgery had some comments about good order and discipline, and "get that SOB out of my hospital," or something along those lines.

He has jailers, er, nurses that stay with him. He says they have no sense of humor. I won't tell you what he did the other day, so that he and I could chat on the phone without interruption, but let's just say that he didn't take his sedative! :shock:

He wants me to tell you all that he thinks about you, but doesn't have the energy to sit and write all the e-mail replies and forum posts that he'd like to. It is not a matter of ignoring anyone, he just literally can't do it right now. It's going to be a while before he's back to (ab)normal, but when he feels up to it, he'll be back here with a vengeance!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Shadowland Update

Post by phylo_roadking »

Let's hope he returns a Shadow of his former self! :up:
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Tom Houlihan wrote:He has jailers, er, nurses that stay with him. He says they have no sense of humor. I won't tell you what he did the other day, so that he and I could chat on the phone without interruption, but let's just say that he didn't take his sedative! :shock:
I take the 5th Amendment !!

I have no idea how MY sedatives got into my nurses tea !! :roll:

Best regards to everyone, and, as Tom mentioned above, I'll do my best to get in touch with all my Forum and Shadowland friends as soon as I can !! :up: :up: :up:

Anybody out there got an extra supply of sleeping pills they can send me ?? "While the nurse is away (snoring!) The Shadow can play!" :D :D :D
Signed: "The Shadow"
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

phylo_roadking wrote:Let's hope he returns a Shadow of his former self! :up:
Greeetings "phylo_roadking" !! :D

Now that it's been proven that I have something between my ears, besides empty space, I plan to come back with a vengeance !! hahaha !! :wink:

Best regards my friend, :up: :up:

John
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Tom Houlihan wrote:to deal with his colon cancer.
I've recently seen the impact of that on one friend of mine.
Tom Houlihan wrote:does in fact have a brain. They know this, because they had to remove a tumor from it.
And I've recently seen the impact of that on another friend mine.

Can't really imagine what it must be like to deal with both! But I most certainly do tip my hat to you Sir Shadow!
I wish you a speedy recovery and may you live long and happily ever after. You bloody well deserve that after having had to deal with this!!

Best regards,

Paul
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Greetings Paul !! :D

Thanks for your very kind words !!

The "living long and happily ever after" sounds REAL GOOD to me right now. :up: :up:

Wishing you and yours all the best,

John

(aka: Shadow - King of the Bedpan :D )
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

How's this, fellas?

John was supposed to call me this evening, but I got an e-mail instead. I think his daughter's on to his tricks. She took all the phones out of the house, except the one in the nurse's office, and a cell for the duty nurse to carry around! :D :D

At least she hasn't taken his computer away. :beer:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Tom Houlihan wrote:At least she hasn't taken his computer away. :beer:
:shock: Ssshhhh !!!

If she finds out I've got access to this computer I'll be sending all my friends out there messages written in pencil and sent by mail !!! :(

And you all know how long that will take !!!!! :D :D :D
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

What would the forum do without it's Shadow??? :shock:

Get well soon! :beer:
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

M.H. wrote:What would the forum do without it's Shadow???
Stand around in the sun?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Tom Houlihan wrote:
M.H. wrote:What would the forum do without it's Shadow???
Stand around in the sun?
Greetings Michel !! :D

Being the gentlemen that I know we are, we shall refrain from commenting on the previous poster's tawdry observation !! :D :wink: :D

I'd think HE was the one spending too much time standing around under the sun, but everyone knows that there's no sun in Michigan :shock: (And it ain't because of no Shadow !!) :D :D

Best regards "M.H." and have a couple of :beer: on me !! (I'll just forward the bill to Tom. He won't notice while he's busy searching for that elusive bright light in the Michigan sky !! hahaha !! :D :D )
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

You ain't kiddin'!!!

It's freakin' SNOWING outside!! About an inch and a half so far, and more predicted!!

I guesstimate spring will get here around June..
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Tom Houlihan wrote:It's freakin' SNOWING outside!! About an inch and a half so far, and more predicted!!
YIKES !! And I was only kidding !!

Will send shovels via Fed Ex soonest !!

(Hey !! What am I talking about ....... it never snows out here in Vancouver, Canada ....... we passed a by-law about that !! :[] )