Help needed to identify a movie!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

panzermahn
Associate

Help needed to identify a movie!

Post by panzermahn »

Hello Feldgrauans,

I need some help to recall and identify a movie which I watched when I was 5 years old back in 1986. I try very hard to remember but it seems that the name of this movie was lost to me.

The only scene I remember is a navy ship (I am not sure which nationality but the best I could remember that it WAS NOT US Navy) using depth charge trying to destroy a loch-ness like monster.

Anyone can help to identify this film?

Many thanks
Panzermahn
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Help needed to identify a movie!

Post by phylo_roadking »

Colour or B&W?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hello Phylo

It is in colour. Sorry for not saying this earlier.

Panzermahn
Rohrbach
Supporter

Post by Rohrbach »

Two possiblities that spring to mind are Gorgo or Reptilicus. Based on your description of a "loch ness like" monster, Reptilicus seems the more likely of the two.

Rohrbach
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Rohrbach wrote:Two possiblities that spring to mind are Gorgo or Reptilicus. Based on your description of a "loch ness like" monster, Reptilicus seems the more likely of the two.

Rohrbach
Hi Rohrbach,

OMG, you had found it!!! Thanks a lot. I know somehow it wasn't US Navy but I had a feeling that it was an European Navy. I wanted to said Danish but I wasn't sure again. I had checked at Wikipedia, and yes, this is the film that I had watched when I was a kid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilicus

Thanks Rohrbach, you brought back some of my lost childhood memories!