Fecking exchange rate

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Richard Hargreaves
Author

Fecking exchange rate

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

Credit crunch Mein Arsch, it's the fecking exchange rate that's killing me. Two books bought on Ebay from Germany last night. 33 Euros. £32. :shock: WTF? I remember when a Euro was worth 62p, not 90p. It's killing my bank balance. :( Alles scheisse...
No-one who speaks German could be an evil man
sebastian
Contributor

Re: Fecking exchange rate

Post by sebastian »

the euro is going to be the strongest haha,the dollar is already passed,the pound is next :evil:
united we stand,divided we fall
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

But will this convince the Brits to convert to the euro?The Guardian says the City is filled with Italians shopping for bargains.
An unbreakable man
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

i think the power of the pound sterling has been decreasing the brits cant keep the pound,especially now in the crisis....imho the brits always been different then the mainland europeans,and not in a negative way !But 1 day i think they will have to follow the rest,im not lobbying for lefthand cars or anything,but i think the euro will absorb the u.k. one day

Seb
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

I heard from someone that the Euro will surpass $2.25 Cdn this coming year.
To buy its already at $1.80.

I have some put away and am thinking of selling it but I would like to travel to Deutschland this year and who knows
what the price to buy will be then? Its going to hurt industry and tourism I would think?
Annelie

Post by statemachine »

They say the weak pound will hurt the ski resorts very shortly.
An unbreakable man
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

With Germany basically refusing to take the same actions to protect banks, currencies etc as ALL the rest of the EU...there's no way the British Government would agree at this time to converting to the Euro. It would cost a frightening amount of money right now - when there isn't any about...and certainly NOT on the edge of a Recession. The costs involved to industry would put hundreds if not thousands of companies in the UK over the edge into bankrupcy now.

AND of course if Gordon Brown were to suggest it NOW...the voters would kiss him goodbye.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

Here is an article from TIME,asking if the Euro is the new dollar.Apparently important people in the U.K are warming to the idea of converting to the euro.

http://www.time.com/time/business/artic ... ,00.html?x id=feed-yahoo-biztech
An unbreakable man
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

"Important" people always have. Unfortunately, it's the voters who want pounds in their pockets, pints on the bar, lbs of apples in the shops, curly bananas and non-square strawberries...
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

In fact, as of this morning, the polls are STILL running at 71% of people of voting age polled being AGAINST the Euro.
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

we did it too many years ago,nobody wanted it,as if we can do something about it,its the topdogs who will decide for us,always has,and it will always be that way

Seb