Any Formula 1 fans here?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Jason Pipes
Patron

Any Formula 1 fans here?

Post by Jason Pipes »

Just wondering if there are any Formula 1 fans here? I'm a huge F1 fan and the new season is about to start. Aside from being excited about the new season, the new teams, and the new drivers, I'm setting up a fantasy F1 league among a core group of F1 fans. The game is very easy to play and consists of picking which drivers and teams will win or place each wee and being awarded points for being right. At the end of the season the person with the most points win!

If anyone is interested in taking part in this league please let me know ASAP. The first race is this weekend.
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Yes I am

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Excellent. You want to join up? :beer:
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

I'm a fan of F1.But what if some team gets caught cheating,are all bets off? :wink:
An unbreakable man
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

I'm in!

Enjoy watching the races and hope Kimi will do it again.
That should say what colour car and driver I'm betting on :D

waleed
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I'm a Ferrari fan myself Waleed! :beer:

I will send out details of how to join our F1 league. The only requirement is that you please try and get your race picks in for before each race (which will be set before qualifying of each race). I will also post a link to the rules which are pretty simply. Basically you can only use each driver and each time as your main pick a total of four times during the season. This means you must pick who you think will win wisely each race so as not to waste your top picks!

Last year our league had a small prize for the top members. We can opt to do that again this year or not. I think everyone chipped in $30-40 for the top winner or something. That is optional but should be decided upon before the season get too far under way.

More details are forthcoming.
Jerry
Associate

Post by Jerry »

Yes, count me in.

The first Grand Prix I ever attended was probably before most here were born. I'll give you a hint: It was Jochen Rindt's first win.

Jerry
When you're in command..... command!
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello F1 Fans!

Myself being a more theoretical fan of cars, racing and Formula One, I still trust that some occasional results and scoreboards for the JP Fantasy F1 League will be posted here in this particular thread... :D

Fast regards,

Krollspell :up:
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

League info has been sent out folks!! Sign up now, create a team, and make your picks for the first race before qualifying this weekend.

Best of luck! :beer:
John W. Howard

FI

Post by John W. Howard »

Hey Gents:
I remember Jochen Rindt, too, only I remember when he was killed; A very sad day. I do not follow so much anymore, since the retirement of Michael Schumacher; he was a great driver. I don't think I will join the fantasy league though; I've got a fantasy baseball league to manage, and we play for blood :shock: , so I had better concentrate on it. Keep me posted on who is winning though. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
John W. Howard

Australian GP

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Gents:
Well, Ferrari really took it on the chin @{ Wow!! Kimi was sliding all over the place; did he get any points?? Barichello should have been DQ'ed, but as of press time he wasn't. Could someone please detail the new scoring system for driver points; I keep forgetting the changes. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Lupo Solitario
Contributor

Post by Lupo Solitario »

I live more or less half way between Maranello and Imola...what else could I.... :wink:
JägerMarty
Supporter

Post by JägerMarty »

Watched the race yesty.
Used to like F1 a lot but have got much more out of the V8 touring car series here. Much more rough n ready honest racing IMO 8)
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Have to say - the amount of splintering carbon fibre today was most entertaining, the best FI fun I've seen for several (many) years. They are NOT getting the hang of no traction control, are they??? :D :D :D Nice to see something that actually puts a requirement for some real spontaneous skill and trained reaction put back in.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Kimi got a single point in the race. I'm a big Ferrari fan but I placed my bets on Hamilton in this race and it paid off. I was right, he took first place. I'm now in 1st place in our league with 37 points total! 8) :D

It was indeed a fantastic race, plus I had the pleasure of watching it at a F1 party at BMW San Francisco with 100 or so other fans and lots of free food and drink. :beer: