Feldgrau Published Fictional Authors

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Tom Houlihan
Patron

Feldgrau Published Fictional Authors

Post by Tom Houlihan »

This sticky is for those members of the Feldgrau community that have published fictional works. While in a different category from historical fact-finding and unit histories, accomplishing this feat is still worthy of recognition.

I'll start with Prit Buttar, gourmand, physician, and Forum Hero.

Prit's book is not a reference, nor is it a collection of facts. It's fiction, plain and simple. However, it is all that one would expect from him.

Many of us are acquainted with Prit's expertise as a researcher. He has used much of the knowledge gained in writing There Stood A Soldier. I quote from the back cover:

Quote:
1942: After a winter of setbacks, the Wehrmacht is rolling forwards again, the Red Army seemingly unable to halt it.
As the soldiers of both armies fight and try to survive, their paths cross and recross as they travel towards a distant city on the Volga:
STALINGRAD

Well written, poignant, it does a very good job of portraying all that is best, and worst, in the German soldier. A very good read.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

I read the book while on vacation a few summers back - damn good read. I highly recommend it.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Someone do tell more. Where to get it. How much. Etc.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

http://www.lulu.com/content/173468

$4.81 for a download
$15.19 for the paperback.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Are there indirect references to Feldgrau or forum members in it? 8)
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Jason Pipes wrote:Are there indirect references to Feldgrau or forum members in it? 8)
No, nothing like that. I understand that the story grew out of some research he was doing. It's not a Forum Hero Tale, or anything like that. Those will come later, when we can find more illustrators!

No, it's just a fictional story about some infantrymen fighting towards and in Stalingrad.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

Several Feldgrau members or others Prit met contributed - DCC was a big contributor.
Prit
Contributor

Post by Prit »

Hi, chaps.

The book very much grew out of my early Feldgrau days - in fact, it was researching the book that brought me to Feldgrau in the first place. DCC played a very large part in its development, so it's all his fault.

Prit
Commissar D, the Evil

Re: Feldgrau Published Fictional Authors

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Ah Prit, you'll not escape that easily!!!!! :D

Folks, I remember Prit working his arse off to complete this novel!!! I don't even want to tell you the effort he put into it!!!! Me, I was just a mere spectator cheering him on with minor suggestions as I watched this drama unfold!!!!!

Wait until you see his next effort!!!!! A clue--it's straight history, has a ton of sources (literally, if you weigh the books he's consulted!) and deals with a late war subject! I've seen some awesome previews..... :up: :up: :up: :up:

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Ah Prit, you'll not escape that easily!!!!! :D

Folks, I remember Prit working his arse off to complete this novel!!! I don't even want to tell you the effort he put into it!!!! Me, I was just a mere spectator cheering him on with minor suggestions as I watched this drama unfold!!!!!

Wait until you see his next effort!!!!! A clue--it's straight history, has a ton of sources (literally, if you weigh the books he's consulted!) and deals with a late war subject! I've seen some awesome previews..... :up: :up: :up: :up:

Best,
David
Hi Guys,

Any news on Prit's latest book?

Cheers,

André
Up The Tigers!
Prit
Contributor

Post by Prit »

It's nearly finished. I have to go up to Oxford and spend an hour or so in the Bodleian Library to get a reference that I don't have to hand, and the last chapter will be complete.

Well, when I say 'complete', that's the point at which I re-read the whole thing and start the fine-tuning. But I hope it will be ready for publication later this year.

Prit
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Thanks for the update Prit, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

André
Up The Tigers!
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Cott Tiger wrote:
Hi Guys,

Any news on Prit's latest book?

Cheers,

André
Greetings Troops !! :D

I just talked to Prit today and he said:

Quote: "The book is finally finished, and I am happy to say that I have a literary agent who is hoping to get it into print soon. It rather grew and grew, and in standard format, will run to over 800 pages." Unquote.

I'm awaiting a reply from Prit as to the book's title so that I can be first in line to purchase Prit's latest literary jewel !! :D

Maybe, if I'm first in line, I can get an autographed copy !!!!! :[] :D
Signed: "The Shadow"
Ian Earl
Contributor

Post by Ian Earl »

Good lord,

I didn't even know Prit could read let alone write! :shock: and here he is a published author. I go away for a few years and the world goes bloody mad!
Somewhere far far away doing secret things to nasty people in hot climates. Sssshhhh dont tell the wife, she thinks I play a piano in a whore house!
Prit
Contributor

Post by Prit »

A quick update:

The manuscript - rather reduced from its massive 800+ pages - is in the hands of the publisher, and it should appear on the shelves in September 2010. Why it takes so long is beyond me, but there you are.

Look out for Battlefield Prussia next autumn!