Haen

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

haen2
WWII Vet

thanks

Post by haen2 »

Hi y'all, :D
Things are shaping up somewhat. The insurance gave me a check for 5.5 thou. Can't get an other good car for that, but it is better than a kick in the pants. Mine a Corolla 97 with only 70,000 miles, was in good shape and well maintained. Oh well.
Can't go out to look for another one yet, because i am on pain pills, and will not drive with "drugs" clouding my mind.
Now comes the hard part. "Pain and suffering " i am supposedly getting (besides medical expenses, some money for that.
But . . . how much is it worth ? $ 1.95 ????? 5,5million ?????
Never been in a spot like this before. I don't want to engage an attorney, just for the fact that they may get a high settlement, but then take about half of it for themselves.
Oh well, we'll figure it out yet.
Notice i am back to TWO hand "hunt and peck"?????
HAPPY NEWYEAR EVERYBODY !!!!
Me. :D

Notice that my "unterschrift" has changed ?
Someone thought 'Waffen SS veteran" was too much " in your face".
Is this tame enough ? :roll:
HN
Last edited by haen2 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Things are shaping up somewhat
That is great HaEn.

Pain and suffering, well that is hard to put a price on.
Hopefully they will treat you right. :wink:

How about 5.5 million :D
Annelie

Post by Luftman129 »

Good to hear you're feeling well Haen.

Thanks,
Chris
haen2
WWII Vet

Getting well

Post by haen2 »

:oops:
Hi Guys,, when the pain(s) did not get better I instisted on an M.R.I.,
This showed extensive damage to left shoulder joint and region; several tendons torn, and ligaments torn.
In short; the 5th of February I am going under the knife; could not get in any sooner.
The surgery will take about two hours, and the projected recuperation back to (ab)normal :wink: will take up to a year.
Oh what fun all this will be.
Meanwhile my one hand typing gets better 8)
So, if and when I am off line for a little, you'll know what causes it.
Take care of yourselves !!! Life is short and fragile.
HN

Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Good luck! By the way, no respectable attorney working on contingency - No Win No Fee - should take more than 25% of a damages award. Other fees and expenses should be the subject of a proper, written estimate, which can be produced should you receive an invoice that seems excessive. Attorneys are obliged to account for their charges if a client requires them to do so. Remember the golden rule: if you have to ask yourself if something is alright, the chances are that it is not alright.

PK
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

Glad to hear your recovering.

Another thought on the attorney question. If you get one and tell him that you are willing to settle out of court for a reasonable sum he'll probably want an hourly rate and will still try to get you a fair settlement. He'll have a good idea of what "fair" is and his presence will make the insurance company take you seriously. If they have to go to court it will cost them at a minimum hundreds of dollars. An out of court settlement with both sides happy is pretty close to a win win for everyone.

Good luck and hopeing for a speedy and full recovery.

Lee
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

It's also a big "thumbs' up" from the 'bones - if he's prepared to put you under a general for two hours for a non-lifethreatening...then he thinks you're strong as an ox! :wink:
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Is this tame enough
not enough. How about "apologetic, contrite, participant (against my own will and having used teenage judgement) of a discredited, criminal organization which I'm truly truly sorry for not being more enlightened and joined the fire brigades instead."?
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: thanks

Post by Tom Houlihan »

haen2 wrote:Notice that my "unterschrift" has changed ?
Is this tame enough ?
If it's factual, then I say leave it. It's an accurate representation of how you fit into the Gemeinschaft here. If someone visiting a WWII German military research forum is offended by the statement that you belonged to the Waffen-SS, then perhaps they ought to reevaluate their presence here.
(This personal opinion in no way represents the official opinion of the management.)
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
chambers
Contributor

Post by chambers »

I'm definately not management and it represents my opinion right on.

HaEn, I wish you a speedy recovery with your surgery. I will be awaiting your return.

Brooke
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

I don't agree with "someone" and think you should change it back. No need to change your personal history on account of one individual.

How about changing it to this:

And you may add "surgery-veteran" as well :wink:

Hope you're well,

Paul
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

After all - it's your signature. You can't get any more personal and subjective on what you want to say and be :wink:
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Luftman129
Supporter

Post by Luftman129 »

Yea, it's your signature HaEn. Do with it what you want! And if this "somebody" gives you problems about it, you can tell 'em what we say down here in Texas, my give-a-damn's busted.

Thanks,
Chris
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

Haen,

Glad to hear you are recovering. I believe you deserve the 'Verwundetenabzeichen mit Brillanten' after what injuries you have sustained at your age. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Regarding the signature: keep it what is was. That is who you are and you should not be influenced by anyone else on this forum.

Take care

Scott
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com
haen2
WWII Vet

Re: thanks

Post by haen2 »

Tom Houlihan wrote:
haen2 wrote:Notice that my "unterschrift" has changed ?
Is this tame enough ?
If it's factual, then I say leave it. It's an accurate representation of how you fit into the Gemeinschaft here. If someone visiting a WWII German military research forum is offended by the statement that you belonged to the Waffen-SS, then perhaps they ought to reevaluate their presence here.
(This personal opinion in no way represents the official opinion of the management.)
Tom, you know that it is factual. So as soon as Jason lets me change my e-mail address and avatar, i will change it back.
Huug