German excavation at Rennes-Le-Chateau, France in 1942

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

panzermahn
Associate

German excavation at Rennes-Le-Chateau, France in 1942

Post by panzermahn »

Hi,

According to Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln's book Holy Blood, Holy Grail (the story of Priory of Sion is already debunked as a myth anyway but that is not the story here), they mentioned a German SS Major Otto Rahn who led an excavation at Rennes-Le-Chateau in 1942 in search of treasure.

Anyone got more info about this?

Thanks
Panzermahn
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

While I love a good mystery, I hate one done badly! I knew the name Otto Rahn triggered something to do with the Ahnenerbe in my mind, so I started Googling...
Hard for him to be digging holes in 1942...when he was six feet under himself!!!

Mind you, its been years since I read The Holy Blood And The Holy Grail for a laugh - and I remember the party of German miners....but I don't remember their leader being mentioned.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Marc Binazzi
Supporter

Post by Marc Binazzi »

with a bit of Luck Indiana Jones # 4 will perhaps shed light on that mystery... :D
"the iron fist had a glass jaw" (Ronald Reagan in Raoul Walsh's Desperate Journey)
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hi guys,

Chapter 2 note 9 mentioned that otto Rahn committed suicide in 1939. However a French researcher had found out several documents that related to Otto Rahn in 1945.

Yeah, the excavation were done at Montsegur (Montsalvat?), Gisors at some other Cathar sites...

Panzermahn