Now Here's an Interesting Story....

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Commissar D, the Evil

Now Here's an Interesting Story....

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

German army in new racism row
Story Highlights
• German soldier told to imagine African-Americans while firing, video shows
• Comments by an instructor were captured on video and broadcast on TV
• Defense ministry says it is aware of the video and is investigating
• Video posted on a Web site used by soldiers to exchange private videos

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- A video showing a German army instructor telling one of his soldiers to envision African-Americans in the Bronx while firing his machine gun was broadcast Saturday on national television.

The video, coming after scandals involving photos of German soldiers posing with skulls in Afghanistan and the abuse of recruits by instructors, seemed likely to raise more questions about training practices in Germany's conscript army.

"We can no longer talk about an isolated case," said Lt. Juergen Rose of the Darmstaedter Signal, a group of current and former army officers and sergeants who independently review military procedures.

"Things like this don't happen in the army on an everyday basis, but unfortunately in recent years there have been a number of comparable incidents."

The Defense Ministry said the video was shot in July 2006 at barracks in the northern town of Rendsburg and that the army has been aware of it since January.

"We are currently investigating the incident," said Florian Naggies, a spokesman for the army and Defense Ministry.

He did not identify the instructor or the soldier, who are shown in camouflage uniforms in a forest.

The instructor tells the soldier, "You are in the Bronx. A black van is stopping in front of you. Three African-Americans are getting out and they are insulting your mother in the worst ways ... Act."

The soldier fires his machine gun several times and yells an obscenity several times in English. The instructor then tells the soldier to curse even louder.

The existence of the video was first reported on the home page of the German news magazine Stern on Friday and excerpts of the video were aired on the news television channel n-tv on Saturday.

According to Stern, the 90-second video had been posted on a Web site used by soldiers to exchange private videos. A soldier who used the site alerted his superiors, the magazine reported.

The video is the latest embarrassment for the German army. Eighteen army instructors are currently on trial for allegedly abusing and humiliating 163 recruits in 2004. Last year, newspapers published photos of German soldiers in Afghanistan posing with a skulls -- including one who exposed himself while holding a skull.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04 ... index.html

Anyone seen the video?

Best,
~D, Forever EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

The instructor tells the soldier, "You are in the Bronx. A black van is stopping in front of you. Three African-Americans are getting out and they are insulting your mother in the worst ways ... Act
Dave, you're the lawyer...what's the issue here? That Germans hate African-Americans...or love their mothers? :D :D :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Understandibly Forever Evil!

Here's a link to the video (first a short commercial): http://www.n-tv.de/790570.html

Embarrasing...

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Thank You Herr Doktor!

For the record, this only worried me because I work in the Bronx!:D :wink:

Damned sure I wouldn't want an MG-1 firing at me because I was Black and worked in the Bronx....:D :D :D

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

SHAME!!

germans swearing in Inglish? haha, worse than Quebeckers swearing in english! :D
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Why African-Americans? Surely a bit like the KKK carrying out firearms drills and exhorting their shooters to waste a carload of French Senegalese in St Denis... Weird. There again, I suppose Feldwebel Dummkopf thought he'd be arrested if he encouraged his lads to imagine Turkish or Albanian Germans as they let rip. That's illegal in Germany! :D

Can't see the video. That news firm clearly doesn't understand that some people use Mac.

P
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

A German patrol in Afghanistan opened fire yesterday on a group of African-American aidworkers from the First Baptist Church Mission, killing all nine missionaries.

A spokesman for the Bundeswehr told journalists: "Our soldiers have the highest standards of training and discipline and reacted to the situation according to the training they had received". Taliban spokesman Abdullah Al-Quraazi said: "Kill kill kill! Smash smash smash! Slice slice slice!"

Reverend Del Tremens of the Christ Jesus Church yelled: "This is part of the white man's crusade to repress African-American men!". Reminded that the party of missionaires included three women, Reverend Tremens stated: "Women got no business doing men's work!".

Pentagon defence consultant Dr Jerry Wolfowitz speaking on condition of anonimity said: "We used to get this kind of thing all the time when I was with the Israeli Defence Forces. You have be tough on Arab terrorists!". Told that the incident involved unarmed African-American missionaries, Dr Wolfowitz replied: "Arabs, niggers...what's the difference. It's the only language they understand."

A spokesman for President Queasy of Afghanistan stated: "It is not true that the President is negotiating with the Taliban". Prime Minister Blair of Great Britain said: "It is regrettable that these harmless black people had to die but it proves what I have been saying all along, guys! We were right to go into Iraq!".

President Bush was unavailable for comment but Vice-President Cheney told No News: "Plans to bring democracy to Germany are in hand".

Copyright © No News Inc 2007
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

I don't think they are racist!

Or else would the instructor had used the very PC term: "African-American"??? :shock:

I rather think it was to much american TV and Movies....
(Getting a daily diet of those you CAN get a screwed image of the US ya know....) :wink:
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

No-o-o-o-o-o-o! Of course they aren't. Not at all. I can just imagine the same scene on the ranges in the UK: "Look to your front! Imagine that you see a BMW full of Westernised Oriental Gentlemen (wogs) who are debussing with their erect penises in their smokey 'ands, lookin' at your mother in a suggestive way. Ready! Fire!"

We had a sergeant who liked to allow black recruits to hang from tree branches during lessons. He obviously wasn't a racist. He probably thought blacks lived in trees because he had been exposed to BBC natural history programmes about Congolese tree-dwellers. He never used terms like "@#% bastard" when he beasted them. He used "coloured bastard", which was fairly PC at the time: "See that tree, you coloured bastard? Get up there in it and make yourself comfortable!" No, he wasn't a racist at all.

I am sure the Feldwebel in question would like his daughter to marry a Son of Africa because he certainly isn't a racist!

PK
Last edited by Paddy Keating on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

maybe NYC could use some Bundeswehr peacekeepers after all...?

City Journal
Why Cops Stop and Frisk So Many Blacks
Blame high black crime, not police racism.
Heather Mac Donald
7 February 2007
Here we go again: another specious racial-profiling controversy. Al Sharpton has announced his intention to sue the New York Police Department for allegedly racially profiling black New Yorkers, based on recently released data on police stop-and-frisks. In fact, the data show that police are stopping blacks too seldom and whites too often. But even if the numbers didn’t so completely undermine Sharpton’s claim, the real scandal of his anti-police demagoguery would remain his refusal to acknowledge the black community’s most pressing problem: sky-high crime rates.
As long as blacks commit crime in numbers wildly disproportionate to their representation in the population, police data are going to show higher involvement with blacks than with whites. According to victims and witnesses, blacks committed 68.5 percent of all murders, rapes, robberies, and assaults in New York last year, though they are only 24 percent of the city’s population. Whites, who make up 34.5 percent of New Yorkers, committed 5.3 percent of those crimes. Blacks are nearly 13 times more likely to commit violent crimes than whites.In light of this massive disparity in crime rates, the police stop-and-frisk data are not just reasonable but inevitable. Last year, 55 percent of police stops were of blacks—a proportion far below the 68.5 percent of violent crime that blacks commit—while 11 percent of stops were of whites, nearly double their 5.3 percent contribution to violent crime.
There are two reasons that the high black crime rate affects the chance that black men will be stopped in greater numbers than whites. First, the NYPD focuses its resources where crime is highest, and that is in black neighborhoods. In recent years, the NYPD has saturated high-crime areas with rookie cops, whose job is to intervene in crime early by stopping suspects. (It isn’t just the NYPD that wants more cops in those neighborhoods; their law-abiding minority residents constantly beg the department for more police protection.)
Second, because police officers are 13 times more likely to be searching for a black than for a white suspect for any given violent crime—based, again, on the victim’s own identification of his assailant (or, in the case of homicide, on that of witnesses)—their rate of stopping blacks, as they search for suspects, will be far higher than that for whites. So black men do face a higher chance of getting stopped in New York. The blame for that does not rest with the police, however; it rests with the criminal element within the black community that is terrorizing the hundreds of thousands of law-abiding minority New Yorkers.
If Sharpton really wanted to get the black stop rate down, he would be working day and night to bring the crime rate down. He would be telling young men to stay in school and to marry the mothers of their children, so that boys do not grow up without fathers. He would be demonizing criminals, not the police. Until that happens, New Yorkers should regard his concern for the well-being of the black community with skepticism.
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

I am sure the Feldwebel in question would like his daughter to marry a Son of Africa because he certainly isn't a racist!
given the penchant most modern German girls have for the dark meat, she probably already has.
panzerschreck1
Enthusiast

Post by panzerschreck1 »

I say MH is right ,, to much Hollyweird and slang usage...

Allthough i wonder what the same german soldiers would say and do if they encountered some jewish people in front of them :shock:
"Perish any man who suspects that these men either did or suffered anything unseemly."[
panzerschreck1
Enthusiast

Post by panzerschreck1 »

I have seen enough of that filmLOL

The instructor shouting: shoot, du @#%! du arschloch son of ein bitch!LOL, ROLFMAO!

Damnn the M.U.T.T.E.R.F.U.C.K.E.R. got censored!! @{
"Perish any man who suspects that these men either did or suffered anything unseemly."[
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

panzerschreck1 wrote:I say MH is right ,, to much Hollyweird and slang usage...

Allthough i wonder what the same german soldiers would say and do if they encountered some jewish people in front of them :shock:
It's a question whether they insult his momma..... %E
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

President Bush was unavailable for comment
...except to ask quietly - "Where's Iraq again, Dick?"
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds