The Tunnel

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

pzrmeyer2

The Tunnel

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Off topic, I know, but can any of our European members tell me how this movie was received in Germany, and if there was any discussion about it?

I just finished watching it...rare to find a film taking on the DDR regime and addressing the Wall...
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

PM2 , theres actually two others I can think of - a 1970s one with Richard "John-Boy" Thomas and his family trying to get out, and one about15 years old about the family that made their own hot air balloon and tired it.

But then - for a more sympathetic view of a DDR border guard, there's always.....Blott On The Landscape!!! :D :D :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Marc Binazzi
Supporter

Post by Marc Binazzi »

And if you are interested in the STASI from the inside I suggest "das Leben der Anderen"....
"the iron fist had a glass jaw" (Ronald Reagan in Raoul Walsh's Desperate Journey)
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

That one does look really good. Opening soon, I'm told. Nice to see German Cinema confront these topics.