So....My Tank Corps in Prussia...

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

bil
Supporter

Re: So....My Tank Corps in Prussia...

Post by bil »

What an epic tale-thank you so much for giving it to us!Although I am new here,as I look back and see the dates,and the time and effort you have put in,it seems too little to just say-Thank You! ---bil
Prit
Contributor

Post by Prit »

There are no superlatives that can do justice to your efforts, David.

Thank you for a truly remarkable effort.

Prit
AAA
Contributor

Post by AAA »

Great, great tale.
Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Say, one thing that bothers me is "What to do about Arajs and Hansen?" God knows I've tried to kill them off in a number of Tales. Their continued survival is a mystery to me....... :[] :?:

Hmmmm, what to do, what to do?
Heh :D I've got the vague outline of a heroes tale in mind, sort of a Devil's Guard/Apocalypse Now/Platoon parody - Dien Bien Phu and all that - after all, where else would one find commissars pitted against old hands from the ostfront? I just need some time and a copy of Devil's Guard. Both are in short supply.
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

AAA wrote: I just need some time and a copy of Devil's Guard. Both are in short supply.
I have a scanned copy (of the book that is)...if someone wants it, just PM me! :[]
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Dien Bien Phu? Now that was a hell of a fight!

Guys, I've only ever asked for a bit of "thanks" and you effusive praise has been most heartening. :D

The bad news is that my home internet connection is down--it gave up the ghost, believe it or not, as I was writing the very last page of the Tale. Of course, there are still-unanswered questions, for instance, what was in those black boxes Rosselsprung gave Ulrich and Tom?

Tom wrote:
Tovarisch! I wonder if all the other Tales were merely warm-ups to this?
Well, that was the plan when, lo those years ago, I began writing this tale, that this one would put the seal on things. Personally, I thought I could have done a little better in certain aspects. But finishing it ws a joy and a reilef.

Now, I had an idea that is sort of up Prit's alley. A story that follows a Panther crew from July 1944 to the end of the war. I was once obsessed with the little Hetzers, now I've moved on to the Panther, so this story has a certain attraction to me.
But, I'm just thinking out loud right now.

And I just wanted to say "THANKS AGAIN".

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Sounds great! :up:

The only thing is that not all of our Forum heroes would fit together in this Panther...

:beer:
Commissar D, the Evil

The only thing is that not all of our Forum heroes would fit together in this Panther...
Well, let's see, if we gave Arajs, Hansen and the Latvian their own Panzer II....... :wink:

Bestesn,
~D, the EviL
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote: Well, let's see, if we gave Arajs, Hansen and the Latvian their own Panzer II....... :wink:
Hmmm.....this Panther crew could need some Grenadiers....you know how blind and helpless they
are without the stubblehoppers beside them making sure nobody comes near them... 8)

David, I see another great tale coming! :up:

:[]
:D
Commissar D, the Evil

:D

Not so fast my dear friend! This is just an idea at this point....

Bestens,
David
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

AAA wrote:Heh :D I've got the vague outline of a heroes tale in mind, sort of a Devil's Guard/Apocalypse Now/Platoon parody - Dien Bien Phu and all that - after all, where else would one find commissars pitted against old hands from the ostfront? I just need some time and a copy of Devil's Guard. Both are in short supply.

Well, I did start one Tale with the lads in Korea!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
bil
Supporter

Post by bil »

I have both Devils Guard books-if you are serious about writing you can borrow if needed.They are ones I take out and re-read every 5 years or so.Does anyone know the title of the book about an SS man in the FFL ,in Vietnam? I think the author was Eddie Hukov.{yes,I already did search and Google :wink: ]Thanks. ---bil
Jager1945

Post by Jager1945 »

David,

Excellent work. And Finished to boot. What a great ending. I have been in San Antonio for a week for my favorite Nephew's graduation from AF Basic.

I finally got around to finishing your latest novella (or should I say fictional suspense yarn based on fact Novel) great job and excellent dedication and persistance. Following your work and trials and tribulations I know it wasn't easy. :up: :up: :up:

Thanks again and best regards,

-Robert
Jaeger

‘There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.’ - Heinz Guderian
Commissar D, the Evil

Thanks Robert! :D :D :D

I have it on good authority that Lt. Jaeger survived his wound and was later posted, despite the objections of his surgeon, to a unit involved in the final fight for Berlin!

Anyway, the thanks of you faithful readers made it all worth it. And finishing it was a sweet deal for me! :up: :up: :up:

Bestens,
David
Klaus_Arzt
Supporter

Post by Klaus_Arzt »

Hi David,
that was just awesome! Great epic ‘life’ story. And I do mean life ‘cause when I’m reading your masterpiece (and I’m not exaggerating) all these characters, events, battles etc just emerging in my mind as if in reality. Well done!Keep it up :up: ,I’m looking forward to your next work :[] , but I guess right now all you need is a good cup of tea(or maybe bear :beer: :beer: , I donna tastes differ :D :wink: ), lean back in your armchair, listen to music and relax. Well any way, you’ve deserved a true vacation. :beer: :beer: :beer: :D
Thanx again for such a unique work. :up: :[]
Best regards
Klaus_Arzt :D :D
  • Der Horizont rückt näher und alle sind Stars
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

I guess that separates a commissar from The Evil Commissar! ;)

David, I see you are still the only one here who can start a topic in Soldatenheim which gets 57 pages of replies ;) :up:

...but tell me, what's Hauptmann Nibelung doing, don't tell me his Abteilung got stuck in the Pripjat :shock:

with best regards,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --