So....My Tank Corps in Prussia...

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Fraulein Valkyrie

Post by Fraulein Valkyrie »

Women, of course, have no such patience. So, when is your pen going to be up again to write the next chapter??? (Hopefully the next civilian one....) :D

Seriously, O Evil One, when you're at your best.....

~FV
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Gee, after that post, maybe I should change your user name to "Freudlein Valkyrie!" :wink:

David, to paraphrase someone actually famous, remember to print no story before its time!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Fraulein Valkyrie

What? What???!!! I was only quoting the Commissar's own words:
Commissar D, the Evil wrote:So the Commissar, unable for the moment to get his pen up to write more. takes a brief break from the action, hoping that his readership will understand his momentary weakness.....
I'd like to claim myself innocent of any innuendo here. Well, I'd like to.... :wink: :D

~FV
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Does the Commissar need a visit from Erica? :shock:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Fraulein Valkyrie

TOM!!! You're his co-moderator, and, I think, his friend. I'm surprised you'd suggest inflicting that on him....even on the Commissar! :shock: :shock: :shock:

~FV
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Heh Heh! Hey guys and Ladies, don't mind me, just a lttle exhausted, nothing to worry about.... :D :D :D

My sincere thanks for your concern! :D :D :D Hopefully, tomorrow or next week.

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Commissar D, the Evil

Prussia is a tough topic for a Commissar, it is hard to distingish the bravey of of the Glorious Red Army from the obvcious atrocities it committed against civilians, hence my reluctance, absent a German perspective, to proceed much futher.
I am extremely happy that 60+ years seperate me from the actual events.
That is mostlly my reason for not continuing the story today.

Best,
David
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

prussia and berlin-- sucked. no one REALLY one after all...

Ivan- was reckless. cut down and artied by red army artillerymen. and the frontoviks were nice, the second wave...

Fritz- was hopeless. surrender or die was also surrender and die. die-hards even threatened other Germans with panzerfausts, even when the blast would kill them all. old geezers and 14 year olds all fair game --and all shor by soviets.

and then you get the poor Berliners...

this'll be a tough one to put realistically.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

I can't wait for the next installment!
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
Commissar D, the Evil

Reaching Bad Frostberg alive only solved one of the problems facing Mrs. Brandt, Czsimir and Ursula.
The town itself was relatively insignificant, having sprouted up around the railway station and the convergence of the north-south with the east-west roads. On its outskirts stood the ruins of the 17th Century Frostberg manor, the oldest structure in the town and one which, although it lent its noble name to the town, was now no more than tumbled down ruins, its old stone walls shattered by time and the greed of later generations for building material.
Refugees from the surrounding area literally teamed through the winding, snow-swept streets of Bad Frostberg, sleeping or standing in and around the railway station in such numbers that one couldn’t walk down the concrete platform without stepping on a hand or a leg or pushing someone aside to get through. Many of the frightened civilians, mixed with small groups of soldiers who were in constant danger of being rounded up by the “chain-dogs”, slept in exhaustion, crowded into carts, wagons and sleds littering the narrow streets and the town square. Others wandered through the town, searching for food or shelter. Tired horses protested the lack of hay and oats, in vain, as their owners were almost always as hungry.
Everyone had only one idea when they fled to Bad Frostberg—reach the train and grab a ride west, away from the Red Hordes. But the trains were running irregularly and, by the time they arrived at Bad Frostberg, they already bore the weight of wretched families fleeing from even further east.
Czsimir and Ursula held on to Mrs. Brandt’s hands, making there way over the bridge that crossed the small frozen stream on the outskirts of the town and through the line of cold, indifferent sentries. Past the little bridge and on either side of the road was a thin, shallow trench line inhabited by groups of men huddling around fires. Most were older men—Volksturm, but there were a sprinkling of youthful, cheery faces. Young boys—Hitler Youth—lugging panzerfausts and staring expectantly over the snow ramparts for the Russians.
The masses of people roaming the streets seemed not to notice the three of them, Czsimir noted. What did three more fugitives mean in this crowd? No policeman or Party member challenged them for their documents and the soldiers seemed to have far bigger worries on their minds than three strays draped in blankets.
It was lucky for them that Frau Brandt had a brother in Bad Frostberg and was still alert enough to lead them to his house.

(More to come, just wanted to reassure folk that I hadn't forgotten about the Tale...)
donwhite
Contributor

Great read!

Post by donwhite »

What a great read! Things are a little slow at work today. I've just read through the whole thread and though I'm no expert I think the story so far is the equal of any war novel I've read. Maybe a distant cousin of Corporal Soeft (of Gunner Asch fame) could make a brief appearance in Bad Frostberg with an mixed convoy assorted produces and consumer wares!

Cheers & keep writing
Commissar D, the Evil

Thank you Donwhite, I honestly didn't know that you read the Tales and I much appreciate the encouragement!!!!! Coming from a long-time member of Feldgrau makes it especially complimentary! :D :D :D I hope this weekend to get this particular Tale moving smartly along! :D

You know folks, the Commissar has to admit that a faithful and appreciative readership is more inspiring than even a commendation from Comrade Stalin!!! :wink: :!: :wink: :D (But please don't tell him that.....%E)

Very Best,
~D, the EviL
IRONHORSE
Supporter

Post by IRONHORSE »

COMMISAR D:
PLEASE KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING WORK.
(W.F.) CHUCK
Dirlewanger
Contributor

Post by Dirlewanger »

And while Oskar D has personally despatched a few Commissars, as long as the script is flowing so nicely, he is prepared to make an exception of Commissar D the E :[]
Ost Ost Oskar
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote: ...
You know folks, the Commissar has to admit that a faithful and appreciative readership is more inspiring than even a commendation from Comrade Stalin!!
Most interesting!
From me, a Forum Hero Groupie, you just wanted that I stop the nagging! :?

Poor me! :(

:beer: