+Does Feldgrau Need a Heer Section?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Heer

Post by Rudi S. »

Hello,

quote: In the interest of helping us to "consider Feldgrau to be the Army", could you recommend the restoration of the old Heer section of Feldgrau?

The continuing absence of the old Heer section materially damages any claim that Feldgrau has "done a damn fine job exploring German military history". Feldgrau is structurally distorted in such a way as to discourage exploring the main instrument of German military history - the German Army.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above quoted recommendation. Bravo!

Rudi S.
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Laurent, I thought that only the Commissar and his Communist mentors were guilty of "arranging spontaneous demonstrations"! I'm impressed..... :D
Meet the French underground resistance
:roll:
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

Maybe a Grossdeutschland section for Rudi :D (j/k)
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
chambers
Contributor

Post by chambers »

I think a Heer section would be beneficial not only to those who actively particpiate already but to those of us who are still learning about the German army and all of its branches.

Thanks,
Brooke
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hi,

I am in agreement with Laurent Daniel, Sid and others. We should have back the old Heer section so that Feldgrauans can have a better research on the Heer.

I am all for it..

Best regards
Panzermahn
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

A Heer section is essential.

It doesn’t make sense to have a Waffen SS section whilst not having one for the Heer. Personally I think the Waffen SS are given too much “air-time” (by both professional and amateur historians) when you consider the how small their contribution to the war was in comparison with the Heer.
Up The Tigers!
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

When did the Heer section go anyway?
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

17 SS Panzer Grenadier wrote:When did the Heer section go anyway?
I think it probably went when the forum changed format, etc some time ago.
kordts
Supporter

me too

Post by kordts »

My screen name is an homage to a fictional landser in "Siege" So I gotta agree with this. The Heer should have their own section.

Jeff
Here dead lie we because we did not choose
To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose;
But young men think it is, and we were young.
Here Dead Lie We by A.E. Houseman
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

The reason there is no Heer section per-say is because postings related to it are found in all the major sections (unit histories, campaigns, weapons, etc, etc) where as the Kriegsmarine, W-SS, and Luftwaffe sections are for specific postings unique to that particular branch that would otherwise overflow the other main areas. If someone has a question on a Heer unit, it is posted in the OOB section, a question on a Kriegsmarine unit, it's posted in the Kriegsmarine section, and so forth.
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

That makes no bloody sense though and its really confusing when you first come here. OOB is about Orders of Battle and I don't see how that remotely makes it a pure Heer section. :?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

OOB is about Orders of Battle and I don't see how that remotely makes it a pure Heer section.
It could be a unit histories discussion, thus enabling discussions on Heer units. For Heer discussion, you could also post in the "General German Military discussion". [/quote]
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Jason Pipes wrote:The reason there is no Heer section per-say is because postings related to it are found in all the major sections (unit histories, campaigns, weapons, etc, etc) where as the Kriegsmarine, W-SS, and Luftwaffe sections are for specific postings unique to that particular branch that would otherwise overflow the other main areas. If someone has a question on a Heer unit, it is posted in the OOB section, a question on a Kriegsmarine unit, it's posted in the Kriegsmarine section, and so forth.
Well, well, well....
So, Jason, if I got properly the point, the reason why there are no specific section about the MAJOR part of the Werhmacht is because they can fit anywhere else....
Now, tel me why the other parts of the Werhmacht, all those minor units, such as the W-SS, wrongly and politicaly labeled "SS/Waffen-SS" in a confusing way for any new member in your forum deserve a specific forum?
OK.
I will follow your recommendations, Jason, and tomorrow will build a forum about the US Army during WW2.
The "Brand research" part will gbe consisting of:
- The US Navy.
- The US Air Force.
- The Allies of the USA during WW2.
- The US Army before 1940.
- The Green berets
That's all.
And, if you wanna talk about those unknown guys who died in Normandy beaches, well, post in "Obscure units of the US Army"
Pathetic.
Pityfull
Sieg Heil
Ban me
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Hi Jason,
By the way, instead of denying the justified suggestion issued by several genuine and prolific members to put the historical record straight, you better provide your powerless "moderators" with the capacity to bann from this forum the few neo-nazis denialist mythoman provocators who are polluting the forum with their rants.
The forum is your private property, agreed and appreciated.
Where you want it to go?
Let us know.
So that we can make a choice.
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Sepp Dietrich 555

Yes! to a Heer Section!

Post by Sepp Dietrich 555 »

I think an independant Heer section would be useful and needed. At the end of the day is up to the organizer/head of this forum to create one.

I know this is not a company in the strict sense of the word, but I think is good to hear your users' suggestions because the idea is to keep them and bring more on board...isn't?

Maybe we can set up some sort of a poll and ask the users if they want to have a Heer section or not?

Best,

Micahel