Dresden - The Movie 2006

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Nordwest

Dresden - The Movie 2006

Post by Nordwest »

For more Info please look at the following two Websites.

Homepage "Dresden" : http://www.dresden-der-film.de/

ZDF.de http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/30/0,187 ... 42,00.html

Michael
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Thanks for the information Michael! I never heard of this movie but what I've read from the links that you provided, I will surely buy it...

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
xausa
Supporter

Post by xausa »

So the storyline is roughly a love story between a British pilot and a German nurse? Sounds just too far fetched (remember how warm thoughts the Germans had for RAF) and overtly pc.

:oops:
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Thanks for the information Michael! I never heard of this movie but what I've read from the links that you provided, I will surely buy it...
Regards,
Krollspell
Dok, the two-part Movie is shown on the german TV Channel ZDF at March 05th and March 06th, Time:20:15.

If you have Access to Astra Digital Sat TV, you dont have to buy a Copy...

Michael
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

relationship between RAF bomber man and German nurse? :shock: sounds like politically correct junk, trying to hide atrocities at Dresden commited by RAF. Just my 2 cents.... :D

helmut
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Such a love story is impossibly in my opinon...you see the death and destruction brought from those pilots and can forget it and fall in love with one of them? Just like that???
:?
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

M.H. wrote:Such a love story is impossibly in my opinon...you see the death and destruction brought from those pilots and can forget it and fall in love with one of them? Just like that???
Would I be correct in saying it was just as impossible for a the opposite to happen? Besides, across-the-lines type romances are a staple of love stories.
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Rosselsprung wrote:
M.H. wrote:Such a love story is impossibly in my opinon...you see the death and destruction brought from those pilots and can forget it and fall in love with one of them? Just like that???
Would I be correct in saying it was just as impossible for a the opposite to happen? Besides, across-the-lines type romances are a staple of love stories.
I think you would be quite correct...lynching would be more realistic!

But there is a limit to a believable love story somewhere.... :shock:
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

M.H. wrote:
Rosselsprung wrote:
I think you would be quite correct...lynching would be more realistic!

But there is a limit to a believable love story somewhere.... :shock:
indeed.
haen1
Supporter

Dresden

Post by haen1 »

I only saw the "clips", and if the subject were not so immensely sad and frightening, I would have smiled.
Imagine, during a bombardment, burning buildings all around you, bombs still falling and exploding, and there is a small crowd "watching".
I wonder if any of these "directors" EVER have been in a bombardment.
Oh well. Rating ? based on the clips (trailers) 5 at most.
HN