Soldatenheim is for...

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Jason Pipes
Patron

Soldatenheim is for...

Post by Jason Pipes »

Soldatenheim was created for posting of "light" topics related to WWII and Germany - wargames, humor, casual conversation, fiction, movies, etc, etc.

IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE A DUMPING GROUND FOR POLITICAL RANTS.

From this day forward, all political discussions will be removed. End of story. Don't want to see your 1000 word essay response blasting another user for their views being removed? Good, don't post it. If a thread appears that I don't catch and posts pile up, don't be suprised when POOF, it's gone.

This forum (Soldatenheim) will be CLOSED for cleaning. As soon as I am done cleaning it up, it will reopen. At that point all discussion is required to be on some topic however vague in relation to WWII Research, Germany, etc, etc.

Carry on.
UK Lightgunner

Post by UK Lightgunner »

At last!
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

As long as Forum Heroes survive! :D

best,
Miha
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Of course they will, nothing wrong with that at all! :D It's fiction, light reading (sometimes, hehe), and related to WWII and German research.
Ichi
Supporter

Post by Ichi »

Smart move!
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

I agree

Post by Rudi S. »

"IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE A DUMPING GROUND FOR POLITICAL RANTS. "

Jason, bravo! I agree with you.

Rudi Salvermoser
Walter Wulfsen
Banned

Post by Walter Wulfsen »

The owner of the site (Jason) can do whatever he wants (probably for the best). :idea: There are still plenty of other political sites where one can rant on about whatever one lkes. In the meantime...will I be able to control myself here at feldgrau?...It could be a massive struggle within my brain... :D :D :D Image
"A person hears only what they understand."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lorenz
Patron

Post by Lorenz »

Mr. Pipes:

How ironic. Two of the principal perpetrators of what you are proscribing posted right here in this thread offering you hearty congratulations for your actions. I wonder if they are sincere or if they are intentionally provoking you?

In any event, your Soldatenheim and Marcus Wendel's The Lounge serve as interesting windows into the human psyche of those who lurk on the internet avidly seeking opportunities to insult and defame others and the countries they come from.

Thank you for bringing things under control.
Christian
Patron

Post by Christian »

How ironic. Two of the principal perpetrators of what you are proscribing posted right here in this thread offering you hearty congratulations for your actions. I wonder if they are sincere or if they are intentionally provoking you?

In any event, your Soldatenheim and Marcus Wendel's The Lounge serve as interesting windows into the human psyche of those who lurk on the internet avidly seeking opportunities to insult and defame others and the countries they come from.

Lorenz,
I was equally as astonished to see these two posts. How hypocritical can one get? :D

Jason,
Bravo for putting an end to this nonsense.

Christian
Walter Wulfsen
Banned

Post by Walter Wulfsen »

Christian wrote:

Lorenz,
I was equally as astonished to see these two posts. How hypocritical can one get? :D

Jason,
Bravo for putting an end to this nonsense.

Christian
Hi Christian,

I don't see any hypocrisy in acknowledging that it is Jason's board and he can do as he sees fit with it. I am totally sincere in stating that I will try to follow the rules and that I may find it difficult. After all, all militaries/ military actions are merely extensions of political power by other means. I, therefore, think it is nearly impossible to separate political ideologies from military actions. It is illogical on the face of it. For example, to say that the Wehrmacht was non-political is complete and utter nonsense, since the Wehrmacht was Hitler's fist, and the Nazi Party's arm. The Wehrmacht was the willing and obedient servant of the heart (NSDAP) and brain (Hitler). :idea: 8) It was all one perfectly coordinated single body: Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer! :D

Cheers,

Walter
Last edited by Walter Wulfsen on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A person hears only what they understand."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Jason wrote of the Forum Heroes:
Of course they will, nothing wrong with that at all! It's fiction, light reading (sometimes, hehe), and related to WWII and German research.
Ah, I'll always love Feldgrau. :D :D :D

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

HE LIVES!!! *dances around* :D :D :D
Rolf Steiner
Associate

Post by Rolf Steiner »

Thanks Jason
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"
Luftman129
Supporter

Post by Luftman129 »

Bravo, Mr. Pipes!

Thanks,
Chris
Spandau
Contributor

Post by Spandau »

Ave Jason,

Ausgezeichnet! :D :D Being primarily a reader rather than a poster, such threads are all the more frustrating

Also, let's keep cancerous threads such as "The Collected Wisdom of max painless" at a minimum, if at all. The amount of postings those rack up is ridiculous. Such postings would be better dispersed elsewhere.

Vale,

-Spandau
If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.