Pearl Harbor Remembrance

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Uli
Enthusiast

Pearl Harbor Remembrance

Post by Uli »

I strongly urge Tom and all like-minded Feldgrau patrons to work for an elimination of David C. Clarke's Pearl Harbor slurs. Eliminate the Pearl Harbor thread now. How you stand on the issue is an indicator of just where you stand on respect for Pearl Harbor veterans living and dead. Remove the thread now, Clarke, or I'll report the website to those who will be negatively concerned with your slur.
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

David, I think you went over the line when you shouted BANZAI on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Last I looked, this was still America, folks. If the owner of the Board wants it off, he'll take it off.

As for you Uli, when you start using a name, maybe I'll show you some respect.

Cheers,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

I don't seek your respect, snake.
Commissar D, the Evil

That's good PiG, as you're unlikely to get it.
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

Banzai, chickenshit.
Commissar D, the Evil

In the words of Douglas Macarthur, "Which way is Australia? Can I bring my gulf clubs with me?".

~D, the EviL
sovietsniper
Supporter

Post by sovietsniper »

Commissar,uli. Can you please stop your petty bikiring, this is a topic about a battle in which many died, on both sides.
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Right you are sovietsniper, specially the namecalling is so childish it's absurd
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

Can't we all just get along? :wink:
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

BANZAI!!!!

Down with the US NAVY!!!! :D

David, you can count on this little mid-european Kamikaze supporter all the way... :D:D

good to see some action around here...and that some still wawe their country flag and play the idiot who indentifies himself with those cloths...

best,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Aristaeus

Post by Aristaeus »

The University of Oklahoma Law Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Franklin D. Roosevelt's Infamy Speech
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 8, 1941
Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its Government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific. Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in Oahu, the Japanese Ambassador to the United States and his colleague delivered to the Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. Very many American lives have been lost. In addition American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.

Yesterday the Japanese Government also launched an attack against Malaya. Last night Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong. Last night Japanese forces attacked Guam. Last night Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands. Last night the Japanese attacked Wake Island. This morning the Japanese attacked Midway Island.

Japan has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation.

As Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy, I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.

Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounded determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, December seventh, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese Empire."
CAN'T TALK; GOTTA SHOOT
NS38th_Aristaeus
http://www.Pacificwrecks.com
Jez
Associate

Post by Jez »

Quote Sovietsniper,

Commissar,uli. Can you please stop your petty bikiring..

Are you insane 'SS' (soviet-sniper). This is totally bloody brilliant!

Quote Uli to the Commisar...

"Banzai, chickenshit."

@#% me mate that is the sort of come back i bought my PC for half a decade ago for.

It had to happen one day!

FELDGRAU!

Regards, Jez. :D
Roddoss72
Supporter

Post by Roddoss72 »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:In the words of Douglas Macarthur, "Which way is Australia? Can I bring my gulf clubs with me?".

~D, the EviL
As an australian it is somewhere in the south pacific slightly left of New Zealand
There is no such thing as defeat, but the postponement of another war
Roddoss72
Supporter

Post by Roddoss72 »

Aristaeus wrote:The University of Oklahoma Law Center

Franklin D. Roosevelt's Infamy Speech
December 8, 1941
Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its Government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific. Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in Oahu, the Japanese Ambassador to the United States and his colleague delivered to the Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. Very many American lives have been lost. In addition American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.

Yesterday the Japanese Government also launched an attack against Malaya. Last night Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong. Last night Japanese forces attacked Guam. Last night Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands. Last night the Japanese attacked Wake Island. This morning the Japanese attacked Midway Island.

Japan has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation.

As Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy, I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.

Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounded determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, December seventh, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese Empire."
Nice peace of diatribe, Rossevelt lied to congress and to the poeple of the world with that crap about being a surprised attack when he knew the attack was going to happen, evidence now show he knew full well of the impending attack, there was no other way the United States of America could enter the war, if that was not the case then what a damning situation of The US Nation to allow Hitler Nazi Regime to invade Poland, Belgium, France, Norway, Denmark, Yugoslavia, Greece, Luxembourg, The Soviet Union and not have the Morality to contravene your Neutrality Act of 1940. but history repeats itself now we Have president Bush went to war on Iraq on lies he told the UN (the did not buy the lies Colin Powell told them) the UN refused to allow the US a mandate, so Bush told the UN to get Stuffed we'll go in unilaterally and unfortunately we as Australia followed as the lapdogs of the US.
There is no such thing as defeat, but the postponement of another war