replacing Hitler with Himmler??

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Rolf Steiner
Associate

replacing Hitler with Himmler??

Post by Rolf Steiner »

there's a footnote in Hugh Trevor Roper's Last Days of Hitler, referring to 'various SS plans to replace Hitler by Himmler.' This is in respect to a conflict between the SS and the party, the former being more fanatical, and having a 'bitter hatred for the corruption of the party officials'. Have never heard about this anywhere else, can anyone shed light on this? How would the SS replace the leader of a party so intrinisically shaped by the personal characteristics of said leader? Did Himmler know about any of this?? Curious.
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"
Michael N. Ryan
Enthusiast

Post by Michael N. Ryan »

It had notign to do with fanatacism or ideology. During the last days of the War Himmler was trying to negotiate with the allies to save his own skin the way Beria tried to appear the compassionate reformer to develope a base among the Russian people after Stalin died.

Hitler found out a few days before his suicide.
Rolf Steiner
Associate

Post by Rolf Steiner »

ah is it a reference to his 11th hr bailing-out tactics via Bernadotte? from the way it was worded i'd assumed it was something more long-term.
Michael N. Ryan
Enthusiast

Pretty much.
knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

The Ex-Hühnerzüchter Himmler, a bavrian, was crazy about Mystizimus, Kult, and Hexenglauben, a more than sick minded Asshole, and the Reichsführer-SS, strange...

In other so called "Forums", Himmlers own Pictures are rated high, to me, he is Hühnerzüchter in a Uniform, a Coward also, forget him!!!

Michael
Michael N. Ryan
Enthusiast

Who in the last months of the war did his best to save his own neck by meeting with Bernodotte and sending Jews to the allies as Peace Offereings. Some of which HItler found out an canned. Who in the last days of the war slipped on a disguise and Deserted.

Hardly a hero.
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Michael,

I remember a Photo-Thread in "another" Forum about Heinrich Himmler, some Users used Terms like "cool" or "sexy" about the infamous Reichsführer in black Uniform...!

How to answer such stupid "Statements", we hear very often...

Quote: "Der Schoss, aus dem das kroch, ist noch immer feucht!" (Günter Grass)

Günter Grass: http://www.dhm.de/lemo/html/biografien/GrassGuenter/

Michael
Rolf Steiner
Associate

Post by Rolf Steiner »

Himmler 'cool' and 'sexy'?? I'm not sure even Mrs Himmler subscribed to those views. Now what happened to her in the end??
Michael N. Ryan
Enthusiast

Like relatives of all prominant nazi leaders, they were picked up for interorgation then released.

I think Himmler's daughter is still around.
Rolf Steiner
Associate

Post by Rolf Steiner »

gosh, did she inherit his chin??