Tricky: Who raped most (total rapes) Germans/Soviets?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

max painless
Under Review

Tricky: Who raped most (total rapes) Germans/Soviets?

Post by max painless »

I am curious, as the Russians are more notorious for this, yet they were only fighting in Germany for a fraction of the time the Germans were in Russia. I know that there was a policy of slaughter and rape by the Germans, in order to subjugate the civilians in places like Stalingrad. So who do you think raped the most of the other? Germans, or Russians? I would guess the Germans raped more becuase of the longer period of time, just not so overtly and intensely as the Russians did in 1945. Otherwise it would be no contest when you think about it. I am just curious, I know it is a strange question, yet it does come up quite a bit!
~All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be~
solietjake
Supporter

Post by solietjake »

what ive seen and heard on History Channel, i think it was the Russians that did it more
max painless
Under Review

Post by max painless »

Yes, but do you understand that, that may just be intensity of rapes! The Germans had much longer in Russia during wartime then russians did in germany. More time, lower intensity could easily be more total raping.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

This is a stupid Topic about degrading women. :x :x :x

~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
max painless
Under Review

Post by max painless »

I knew someone would do this! This has nothing to do with degrading woman. It's just that in popular history the Russians are portrayed as the "crazy rapists", and I am wondering if maybe in fact the Germans raped even more of them! If it weren't for the current focus on said topic by things like the history channel, I would not ask. Where do you get degrading woman from? In fact, I think by bringing that into this, you are degrading woman by acting as if their being raped is somehow their fault. I think the rapists are the ones who are degraded in such a topic, not those they raped!
Last edited by max painless on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

Amazing how fast Soldatenheim has degraded... :x
max painless
Under Review

Post by max painless »

Coming from someone who openly equates Republicans with modern slave owners, and democrats with modern abolitionists, you are one to talk. I suppose you are, having degraded it yourself with such ignorance. This rape is a major theme, not my invention! If you can't stick to the topic, then get out of it. Otherwise you are simply degrading this forum further Rosselldung!
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

Coming from someone who openly equates Republicans with modern slave owners, and democrats with modern abolitionists, you are one to talk. I suppose you are, having degraded it yourself with such ignorance. This rape is a major theme, not my invention! If you can't stick to the topic, then get out of it. Otherwise you are simply degrading this forum further!
Once again Mr. Painless demonstrates he lacks the ability to read properly. I compared the dialogue between liberals and conservatives as similar to the dialogue between abolitionists and slave owners. Did I compare Republicans to slave owners and Democrats to abolitionists in doing that? Apparently not.

And this topic is truly, truly ridiculous. There is no such thing as "collective rape" as this is what the topic is getting at. Both sides commited horrendous acts. Mass rape was more of a Soviet trend, but does that justify German rapes?

And you wonder why this topic isn't degrading to women.
max painless
Under Review

Post by max painless »

No one said collective rape? You are imagining things!

Are you dumb? By comparing the dialogues you are comparing the stances, aka slave owner v.s. abolitionist! Obviously one is morally wrong and the other morally right! That is a ridiculous assertion mr. Rossel~! and yes you are equating them! Can you not see that? Choose your analogies more wisely next time, your ignorance shines through brightly on your last one!
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

No one said collective rape? You are imagining things!

Are you dumb? By comparing the dialogues you are comparing the stances, aka slave owner v.s. abolitionist! Obviously one is morally wrong and the other morally right! That is a ridiculous assertion mr. Rossel~!
Comparing dialogues does not mean comparing stances, but since you don't know what that means apparently, I'll illustrate it for you. One claims the other is evil, the other claims the same. Increasing hostility between both sides leads to occasional violence. All those statements apply to both the dialogue between Liberals and Conservatives and the dialogue between slave owners and abolitionists. Did I make a moral stance on either at all? You answer that question.
max painless
Under Review

Post by max painless »

It's a horrible analogy if that was your intent? When you use stances in your analogy, they come into play! You don't need to take a moral stance on slave owners v.s. abolitionists, it is so obvious! How many in here think the slave owners were morally right by owning other people? How many think the abolitionists were right by condemning the owning of people? It is already morally obsolete. We don't need you to choose a side for it to be obvious! Next time don't pick such a skewed analogy! Who ever is on the slave owner side of the dialogue is wrong! Was that your intent? just be more careful next time! I'm going to get something to eat!
Last edited by max painless on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

One rape is one rape too many. Any sensible Russian or German would agree with that.

This topic is so utterly stupid it deserves to be ignored.

~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

If you want an answer to your original question, the Red Army beats the Wehrmacht out in number of rapes by a large margin. Rape was punished severely in the Wehrmacht, while in the RKKA, among some units, it was even condoned. Now, unless this is some bizarre rape-counting contest, that is all that has to be said about the topic.
max painless
Under Review

Post by max painless »

Then ignore it, you are not contributing anything with your obvious commments! Thanks Rossel for making a contribution! However, I'm not sure it was always condemned, or uphled at least, when trying to subjugate certian areas. I heard abou this on a PBS program where russian woman were openly raped in the streets. Technically the Russians were supposed to leave the civilians alone as well in many cases when they did not.
max painless
Under Review

Post by max painless »

I didn't think this was a genius thread, If I went around to every thread I thought was stupid, and said so, it would be a waste of time. However, this topic does get alot of attention in the world, and thus is not totally stupid to question! Give it a break Dr.