Anyone hear watches Japanese animes?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

Anyone hear watches Japanese animes?

Post by SS-Oberscharführer Rudel »

I was just wondering.....
A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic dead or alive.

Ten years... it's only two words. But to live it is a long time.
MikeWindheuser
Supporter

Post by MikeWindheuser »

Hi

The film Spirited Away is good, i have it on DVD, mostly because it's random and i like random things, i have never seen any another ainmes, but if they're like that i think i would enjoy them.

Mike.
Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.
SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

I watched Spirited Away not long ago.. it was for my assignment.. it was good but storyline wise its not very good but the graphics are excellent and come to think of it.. Japanese animators normally drew every scene in animes.. so yeah the effort is there. My favourite anime so far is Rurouni Kenshin.. or sometimes referred as Samurai X in USA.

SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

I watched Spirited Away not long ago.. it was for my assignment.. it was good but storyline wise its not very good but the graphics are excellent and come to think of it.. Japanese animators normally drew every scene in animes.. so yeah the effort is there. My favourite anime so far is Rurouni Kenshin.. or sometimes referred as Samurai X in USA.

mikerock
Contributor

Post by mikerock »

Samurai X is great. May favourite is still Akira though.
Schultz
Contributor

Post by Schultz »

screw japs
SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

Schultz wrote:screw japs
Why?

Arne
Contributor

Post by Arne »

Back in the good old days, when I was beeing a part of the afford to establish Manga in Germany, I used to watch a lot of animes. But that is 10 years ago, since I have to pay for the Tapes now...

Well anyhow, I don't know under which titel the movies are known to you, but you may know...

I loved the series about the Kishin-Corps, then there was quite a nice one about a pilot flying a Ta-152 (The Cockpit?). But I have to admit that I also realy love Ah My Goddess! (do you know the manga(not anime)-special about the Shinden-Interceptor?) and Tenchi-Muyo(Great! A pseudo Rabbit becoming a tree from which a Spaceship grows...).
Gundam is a little problematic in Germany with it's superhuman/subhuman topic.
NGE was also nice with it's pseudo christian religious background.

Most Germans had to be educated a lot, because their experience with manga stoped with Heidi and Captain Future in the 70s. But Akira had a big impact that helped to spread the other good stuff. The Italians where much faster with that. Sailor Moon was aired in Europe first in Italy (Maybe 3 years before it started in Germany) and for a long time only an italian dubbed version of La Blue Girl was available in Europe...
Arne
Contributor

Post by Arne »

SS-Oberscharführer Rudel wrote:
Why?
A japanese member of a WW2 discussion mailing list ones told me that he can proof that there was no japanese massacre at Nanking:
If the japanese soldiers had commited any atrocitis at Nanking or anywhere, they would have dishonourd themself and could not have returned home with that shame. They all returned home, so no atrocitis.

I'm doing that again! I sincerly appologise for not bing able to keep my mouth on such remarks. But I always feel that it can't be wrong to poke someone with his nose into old and unpleasant events. It helps to prevent stuff like this to be repeated by my oppinion.
SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

Arne wrote:
SS-Oberscharführer Rudel wrote:
Why?
A japanese member of a WW2 discussion mailing list ones told me that he can proof that there was no japanese massacre at Nanking:
If the japanese soldiers had commited any atrocitis at Nanking or anywhere, they would have dishonourd themself and could not have returned home with that shame. They all returned home, so no atrocitis.

I'm doing that again! I sincerly appologise for not bing able to keep my mouth on such remarks. But I always feel that it can't be wrong to poke someone with his nose into old and unpleasant events. It helps to prevent stuff like this to be repeated by my oppinion.
Have you watched Jin Roh? Its very interesting.. set in the 1950s.. What would happen if Germany won WWII and instead..Japan lost a war to Germany.. The story starts when the German occupational troops leave Japan, leaving technologies behind!

Well Im sure you know that even so you do not have to scold any Japanese. Well talking about them committing atrocities in Nanjing. Every Japanese soldier then were told by officers that.. if you do so and so.. you are gaining merit for the Emperor.. "so and so" referred to the atrocities.

Michael N. Ryan
Enthusiast

Post by Michael N. Ryan »

I used to enjoy Japanimation. Starblasers, both Vehicle and Lion Voltron shows and Robotech were peticular favorites back when I was a kid. Rurouni Kenshin is currently the only thing on the market worth watching.

As a medium for entertaining, I respect the Japanese, who are showing animated movies and shows rather than the kids' stuff produced in the states.
SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

Michael N. Ryan wrote:As a medium for entertaining, I respect the Japanese, who are showing animated movies and shows rather than the kids' stuff produced in the states.
Haha i agree with you ^_^

SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

Michael N. Ryan wrote:As a medium for entertaining, I respect the Japanese, who are showing animated movies and shows rather than the kids' stuff produced in the states.

SS-Oberscharführer Rudel
Supporter

Stalingrad
Contributor

Post by Stalingrad »

Well, a freind of mine watch it, and I've seen it whit him sometimes.. I dont know the name of the series we were watching, but I thougt it was ok... Are there any good WW2 animes( I may spell wrong :oops: ) from the japanese point of view?