Brit Royalty in nazi uniform shock horror!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Rolf Steiner
Associate

Brit Royalty in nazi uniform shock horror!

Post by Rolf Steiner »

Someone just told me that one of the UK tabloids will tomorrow print pictures taken at a private party of a member of british royalty in nazi uniform. Not sure how true it is, will have to check the papers tomorrow to see. Ah well, it's possibly not the first time a member of the british upper class has done such!
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"
Rolf Steiner
Associate

Post by Rolf Steiner »

it would appear there's something to this:

http://www.itv.com/news/index_865483.html

A new angle on John Lydon's 'fascist regime' lyric!
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"
Howard
Associate

Post by Howard »

This link to the Beeb shows the Sun's front page pic of the third in line to throne:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4170083.stm
Regards

Howard
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Guys,

Yup. It's basically true. Prince Harry wore piece of clothing purporting to be a Nazi uniform with a swastika arm band.

This sort of stuff can be bought in any joke or fancy dress shop and by and large reducing Nazism (and any other uniformed political ideology) to ridicule is a good thing.

However, Prince Harry has so far proved to be much like his mother and seems to have a propensity for thoughtless self indulgence and little regard for the proprieties of his priviliged position, which, apart from behaving with decorum, requires very little of him.

Cheers,

Sid.
Bill Medland
Supporter

Post by Bill Medland »

Although I live in Germany, I was able to obtain the "Sun" newspaper, and yes, there he was! :D Ok, it may have been in bad taste, but he is not a Nazi... I had a little laugh myself though.

Bill.
Landser
Contributor

Post by Landser »

It's carneval season SO what?

If he wears a costume to his liking WHY not,it's fools time.

I think no matter what he would have worn,somebody would always found some fault with it.

I like him so far he shows stamina
and gives a rats ass about this political correct induced crap we living with.

PS In Germany he would have been arrested.What stupid laws they are forced to live under.
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Landser,

I think you give Prince Harry too much credit and are mistaking his being a bit dim, thoughtless and slow on the uptake for a principled stand against political correctness.

Cheers,

Sid.
Jez
Associate

Post by Jez »

Deary, deary me! :D

Regards, Jez.
Jez
Associate

Post by Jez »

THATS RIGHT!

HOLIDAYS FOR £9.50!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing! :wink:

Regards, Jez
Marc Binazzi
Supporter

Post by Marc Binazzi »

Who cares? Harry's father has spent his whole life disguised as Mickey Mouse and his grandmother reportedly spent half a century disguised as the Queen of England!!!! :wink:
Landser
Contributor

Post by Landser »

Marc

You said it! The Brits deserve these inbred "Royals" which the majority still worships in todays
enlightenment. :D
Herr Doktor
Contributor

Post by Herr Doktor »

Harry is an idiot for wearing that. Hopefully he will learn something from all this.

And not only that, but what a crummy looking uniform!! The swastika armband is a joke, and the collar tabs look all wrong as does the rest of the outfit. If Harry was going to do this, the least he could have done would have been to obtain an accurate uniform to wear, perhaps a loaner from the Imperal War Museum :wink:

HD
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

Well, since the press is demanding Harry visit the deathcamps, might we also soon see him parachuting into Crete as part of an apology there, or perhaps holing up in a dingy, ill-lit earthen hovel on the Volga's westbank? Perhaps a ceremonial flight from Berlin to Scotland in recognition of the Hess mission?

The kid's 20, and swilling cheap lager with his pals. (Hopefully, he's not drinking American beer--no sense in committing physical as well as political suicide!) Next thing you know--if you trust the press--he'll be occupying the Rheinland, issuing plebiscites and such.

Personally, had it been me at that party, in Harry's stead, I would've gone with the RAD uni and headgear, a cap bearing a functional hewer inscripted with the slogan, 'trink adelt' ("drink enobles.") 8)
AAA
Contributor

Post by AAA »

And not only that, but what a crummy looking uniform!! The swastika armband is a joke, and the collar tabs look all wrong as does the rest of the outfit. If Harry was going to do this, the least he could have done would have been to obtain an accurate uniform to wear, perhaps a loaner from the Imperal War Museum
Dead on, Dok., that uniform sucks. If he was cleverer, he could claim it was an insult to neo-nazis to wear that camped-up rubbish... pretty funny in many ways (Oh! The INSENSITIVITY! :D :D :D )
Stefan
Banned

Post by Stefan »

"Trink adelt" makes no sense in German. Perhaps you mean "Trinken adelt" (Drinking enobles). In any case, this episode once again demonstrates the benefits of the republican system. Our princes may piss on pavillons and beat up Paparazzi, but at least they will never become head of state.
"Das Attentat muß erfolgen, Coute que Coute. Denn es kommt nicht mehr auf den praktischen Zweck an, sondern darauf, daß die deutsche Widerstandsbewegung vor der Welt und vor der Geschichte den entscheidenden Wurf gewagt hat."