Children in Warsaw ....

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

haen1
Supporter

child with gun

Post by haen1 »

So it boils down to: If a child / boy / girl, points a gun at you, and you feel you are in danger. Should you say : "Now Now, child, that's not nice" before he/she pulls the trigger ?
If (and this happened) a Waffen SS officer gives an about 5 year old Russian kid a piece of bread, and next goes to the latrine, and the child pulls the pin on a handgranade and throws it in the latrine, blowing up the officer. Should his men, now tell the child: "please don't do that ever again"?
Hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20. War is not nice, it is not glorious, it STINKS, but it still is war. And yes, women and children get to suffer many times. :( :( :(
It breaks MY heart to see, or hear about children suffering; and yet . . . . .it is happening right now, all over the world. :x
Please God, push thine "smythe" button.
HN
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: If ....

Post by Tom Houlihan »

FanOfGermanMilitaryMight wrote:Abu Ghraib is fact. For you to claim that the British Army is righteous is just naive.
Well, just for the sake of accuracy, putting the Brits and Abu Ghraib together like that is wrong. It was Americans that did that, not Brits.

Now, having said that, I'll back up the earlier statement that by and large, most Americans and Brits (and French, Germans, Russians, et. al) are decent people. Still, every nation has their slugs and malcontents who manage to slip through the cracks. I think others will back this up, but 5% of the population gets 90% of the attention, or thereabouts.

Question for you, Foggy. A cop gets a call that there's a man with a gun breaking into a house. He goes to the house, enters, and sees a shadow of a man with a gun. He tells the person to drop the gun and come out. He hears a loud popping sound, and returns fire. The man falls.

Upon entering the room, he finds a young boy with a cap gun. Dead. His mom won't be home from work for another hour or so. Is he a war criminal, too???
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
FanOfGermanMilitaryMight
Banned

Fair enough ....

Post by FanOfGermanMilitaryMight »

To Ian,
Apologies if I have twisted your point of view. A lot of posts disagree with me, and ignoring what that would otherwise suggest, it does mean that I slip up by generalizing the point of view of the other side into 'one point of view' in order to more quickly address 'the points made'. Obviously your point of view is unique to everyone else' and should be discussed specifically, so again, apologies if my generalizations have 'fudged' the issues being discussed.
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern" General Heinz Guderian
Stanislaw

Post by Stanislaw »

dear FoGMM, I fully agree. here's a link with intersting story confirming you point of view:

http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12247

and pay special attention to parapragh starting with 'We breached the doors...' or maybe not I'll cite it for you:

'- We breached the doors, I think school ones. Children stood in hall and on
stairs. Many children. All with their small hands up. We looked at them for few
moments untill Dirlewanger came in. He ordered to kill them all. They shot them
all, they were walking over their bodies and breaking their little heads with
buttstocks. Blood streamed down those stairs. There is a memorial plaque in
that place, stating that 350 children were killed there. I think there was much
more of them, maybe 500. '

S.
FanOfGermanMilitaryMight
Banned

Murder in Warsaw ....

Post by FanOfGermanMilitaryMight »

Unfortunately for you, I do not deny these events. God will ensure that justice is served. However, God will NOT punish INNOCENT Germans.
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern" General Heinz Guderian