Collaboration in Albania.

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

Henrik Andersson
Supporter

Collaboration in Albania.

Post by Henrik Andersson »

I have read much about collaboration in all countries, France, Croatia, Ukraine etc.
But i dont finde info about Albania. Only facts about ss-dvision Skanderberg.
Name of collobrators photos everything is intresting.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Re: Collaboration in Albania.

Post by Alex Dekker »

I'm not sure, but I think there is a small part in Hanns Werner Neulen, An deutscher Seite. The Italians formed a Albanian regiment or so and took up groups of Albians in their armies.
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
AHK
Contributor

Post by AHK »

A Catholic Albanian Group headed by Jon Marko Joni proved friendly to the Germans. The National Front(BK) and the Albanian Chetniks were anti-Communist, but if they showed a willingness to help the Germans is unknown to me.

AHK
nino
Supporter

Post by nino »

Bernd Jurgen Fischer "Albania at War" 1939-1945 is interesting book about Albania during WWII, probably the best book in English. Including theirs collaboration.
Antonio J. Munoz in his "East Came West" book also included a chapter about Albanian pro-German militias.
Some Albanian collaborators later emigrated to USA, like the Kosovar Xhaver Deva, a former interior minister of Albanian puppet government who served as US and American intelligence agent during Cold War.
Some of Serbian site have a few pics about Albanian collaborators and militias. Just try Carl K. Savich word, and you will find them in his writings. Or keyword like "Xhaver Deva", "Balli Kombetar", etc.