SS Handzar and cufftitle ???

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

Matthias Fritz
Almost banned

SS Handzar and cufftitle ???

Post by Matthias Fritz »

I am very much intersted in all conected to SS Handzar divizion, i know that some historians belive that SS Handzar was unefective, but i think that they participate a lot in a havy yugoslav anti partizan warfare knowing how things were in Balkan during 2 WW !

Any way i was always asking my self why was SS Handzar never isued a divizional cufftitle, they hade thir own tabs, but no cufftitle like ?

Coud any of you guys who have study that infemus SS divizion can explain what was the reson, perhaps the up rising in France ?

MF
seewolf

Re: SS Handzar and cufftitle ???

Post by seewolf »

Hi!

You have a good,detailed analysis of SS Handzar in a croatian military history magazine "Husar" (if you are really a Slovenian and you can read Croatian).Thay already had a couple of stories about SS Handzar division in the past issues.

Seewolf
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

It could also have been due to their non-Germanic ethnic status as well as official wariness of the reliability of the division as a whole, which was borne out by the mutiny.

PK
ian

Post by ian »

Fair comment Paddy but what about the Skanderbeg cuff band?
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

i never saw a blaues division cufftitle neither,so maybe there were some exceptions on some divisions...someone on the forum will surely know the deal
united we stand,divided we fall
Klaus_Arzt
Supporter

Post by Klaus_Arzt »

ian wrote:Fair comment Paddy but what about the Skanderbeg cuff band?
Hello ian. You were talking about Skandenberg cufftitle. So in connection with that I've got some pics that you might be get intersted in.

This very rarely encountered cufftitle is for 'Waffen-Mountain Division of the SS Nr. 21 (Albanian Number 1)', with the title name: 'Skanderbeg'. This unit was only in existence for approximately 6 months before being broken up. Probably due to the apparently incorrigible unruliness of it Albanian Muslim personnel (though under the command of German officers, many of whom had come from the LSSAH).
Attachments
skandenberg2.JPG
skandenberg2.JPG (66.89 KiB) Viewed 3642 times
skandenberg1JPG.JPG
skandenberg1JPG.JPG (74.38 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
  • Der Horizont rückt näher und alle sind Stars