Chinese in SS

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Handzar wrote:MINORITIES IN THE SS
France 20.000
Ouaouh!
No challenge, Handzar, just a question:
Where you got that figure?
From my sources, there were "about" 7,500 men at the Charlemagne. If you add to that the few dozens French who were in the Wallonia, the 2.Pz.SS or other W-SS units, I hardly reach 8,000.
By the way, W-SS, not SS, 2 different concepts.
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Handzar
Banned

Post by Handzar »

hahah you got me!!!
I set up a trap for you, we're both Nationalists, I guess.
I knew you'd answer.
So you like that French didn't volunteer for the SS?
I got it off wikipedia a German page foreigners in the SS.

Usually when we talk about the SS , it's always W-SS, not the jew murders.
Semper Fi!!!!!
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Handzar wrote:hahah you got me!!!
:D
I set up a trap for you, we're both Nationalists, I guess.
I knew you'd answer.
My computer is set to automatically find at Feldgrau all the mentions "French", "France" and similar...
Yeap, you can say Nationalist, with my beret and my Croix de Lorraine.
But also European, Handzar, like you.
So you like that French didn't volunteer for the SS?
I don't mind. I prefer them tho the murderers of the Milice, the Bezen Perrot and other criminals. They had a cause. Most of them weren't pro-nazi, they even had little idea of what meant to be a nazi. They were pro-France and anti-communist. They were wrong, yes, but not criminals. I even think that, if they can be considered "technically" as traitors (Fighting USSR who was an Ally of the Free French), from a moral point of view they weren't. Their main motivation, beside few adventurers, was Patriotism. I may disagree with them about their definition of Patriotism, but it was however a fact.

Concerning the terminology SS / W-SS, we are quite a number here to perfectly know the difference and understand that such mention SS here means W-SS. But there are also new and young members here who are beginners and can be confused. An exemple: Further to the thread "We need a Heer section", I got a PM from a new member asking me to explain a bit the difference between Heer and Wehrmacht. My remark in my reply wasn't for you, but for them.
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Le Page

Post by Le Page »

Helmut Von Moltke wrote:I also heard somewhere that there was a mixed Dutch - Chinese in the Dutch SS Legions.
I bet he was Dutch-Indonesian.
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

My computer is set to automatically find at Feldgrau all the mentions "French", "France" and similar...
Are you serious!? :shock: :D
I bet he was Dutch-Indonesian.
why? No records of this on AHF or Feldgrau I've seen...... I saw the Chinese - Dutch thing on AHF I think, but I forgot the link. :(