Final defence of Berlin

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

panzermahn
Associate

Re: Final defence of Berlin

Post by panzermahn »

Hi Lato,

I am not sure about the French version but I think Erik's book would be published book in Spanish first.

I didn't know about Wiking Jerk's book on Berlin (by Henri Fenet). When I first saw the title, I thought it was Erik Wallin's book (together with Thorolf Hilblad) about his experience during the Battle of Berlin (Ragnarok: Twilight of the Gods).

I knew about Miguel Ezquerra's book (To Berlin with Life or Death) but according to some of my associates, some of the facts mentioned by Ezquerra in his memoirs are not verified by other sources.

The one by Saint Paulien on the French volunteers during the Battle of Berlin was quite new to me. Do you have the book itself? What do you think of it?

There are a lot of books written about Battle of Berlin in the English language but none covered comprehensively on the subject of Axis foreign volunteers.

Panzermahn
lato

Post by lato »

I am not sure about the French version but I think Erik's book would be published book in Spanish first.
is there any book of this author in french ?
I didn't know about Wiking Jerk's book on Berlin (by Henri Fenet).
The author isn't FENET !

The SAINT PAULIEN's book is based on documents and contacts with former volunteers. Be careful : certain characters are fictitious, but the book include in fact several real personalities.
lato

Post by lato »

The author isn't FENET !
the author is a former SS Unterscharführer, Erik WALIN, of the SS Division "Nordland". He fought during the war between Russia and Finland in 1939 and 1940 and was volunteer for the Waffen SS between 1941 and 1945.
With the help of his former chief and a Swedish War correspondent, he published his reports
Werter
Supporter

Re:

Post by Werter »

panzermahn wrote: d) A Hungarian company (a monograph was published by a Hungarian researcher on this company. Available from the Hungarian Military Archives and only in Hungarian Language)

h) An Italian SS officer
Can someone send me this monograph of Hungarian company?
And who is this Italian SS officer? Name? Rank? Nr.? Unit?
WIR
KAPITULIEREN
NIE!
Blix

Post by Blix »

Hi all.

We must also mention the British Free Corps volunteers. There were rumors on how much of them were in Berlin-45; as far as I know some said that there were 3 volunteers (if there is a need, I can name them), some said the number of the BFC-fellows is unknown, some said there was only 1 (one) volunteer - Wilhelm "Bob" Rössler, the one eyed interpreter - and that all other points of view are just post-war myths.

As far as I remember there was also an Honour Guard from the "Indische Freiwilligen Legion der Waffen-SS", stationed in Berlin for ceremonial duty's. Some of the Belarusian kids from the SBM organisation (Саюз Беларускай Моладзі) defended Berlin as Flakhelfers.

And yesterday I found out that there also was one unit named Kaukasischen Panzerjagdverbdnd № 12. They fought on Oder Front and then were sent to Berlin - and that is all that known. Not much, ehe-he.

Oh, and the book about Hingarian company is the one by A.G. Payer "Armati Hungarorum", yes?

Best regards.
Werter
Supporter

Post by Werter »

Blix wrote:Some of the Belarusian kids from the SBM organisation (Саюз Беларускай Моладзі) defended Berlin as Flakhelfers.
Source?
WIR
KAPITULIEREN
NIE!
Blix

Post by Blix »

Werter wrote:
Blix wrote:Some of the Belarusian kids from the SBM organisation (Саюз Беларускай Моладзі) defended Berlin as Flakhelfers.
Source?
You forgot to say "please".

Юры Туронак, "Людзi СБМ", стр. 146.
Werter
Supporter

Post by Werter »

Thx Blix :up:
WIR
KAPITULIEREN
NIE!