National composition of art. regt. in 162 Turkoman Div.?

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

sid guttridge
on "time out"

National composition of art. regt. in 162 Turkoman Div.?

Post by sid guttridge »

What was the national composition of the artillery regiment of 162nd Turkoman Division?

According to original German intentions, the division's manpower was apparently to be half Tukoman and half German. The Turkomans were to provide all the infantry while the Germans were to provide all the other arms and services.

However, OB sources (i.e. Nafziger), state that the artillery regiment was also Turkoman.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks.
Mirko B
Supporter

Turkostan

Post by Mirko B »

Hi,
It was indeed "Turkestanische! Volunteers in the Art.Abt. (162.ID)
I have a Orginal Picture of two Asian "turko" guys at the Adria front 1944 + a German guy
The Orginal says : Turkestanische Frewillige einer Artilleri-Abteilung an der italienischen Adria- front.
regards Mirko
BTW : I have about 15 Orginal Pictures of "russian Volunteers" in German service - and i will sell them off - any interest ?
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Thanks for the information Mirko.

Thanks also for the offer of the photos, but my interest is purely in clarifying this one point.
alan newark
Supporter

OOB of 162 Turkoman Div: OOB of Georgia Legion

Post by alan newark »

Dear Sid & Troops

I would welcome a list of formations within the 162 Turkoman Division and of its officers and senior NCOs ? Any operations, HQ, trainiing info gratefully noted.

I am also interested in any non - Feldgrau information about the Georgia Legion and especially, about the 822nd Georgia Infanterie Batllion and how it fitted into the 1945 German OOB in Noord Holland..I am mega-keen to acquire a 1945 Muster Roll for that Battalion.

You can e-mail me and I will send you a profile of my book project as submitted this summer to the Speaker of the Georgian PARLIAMENT.

I am in touch with George Lepre, Oleg Romanko and Count Nikolai Tolstoy.

Take care

Scottish Alan
www.dpcamps.org (1st Vice-President)